This S’mores Cheesecake Recipe is a delicious dessert with a graham cracker crust with layers of chocolate and marshmallow cheesecake then topped with chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cheesecake
This dessert is a S’mores lover’s dream come true! This recipe is like a giant S’more in cheesecake form. It is a layered masterpiece that is the perfect outdoor treat to feed a crowd! This will get people talking and wanting the recipe for themselves.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Graham Crackers: You will need these crushed to be able to mix with the butter and sugar to make the crust.
Sugar: You will need granulated sugar for the cheesecake as well as powdered sugar to add sweetness and give it a thicker consistency.
Cool Whip: This mixed with the cream cheese will give the cheesecake layer and creamy consistency.
Cocoa Powder: This will give the cheesecake batter its chocolatey flavor. You will also use Nutella and Semi-sweet chocolate chips for additional flavor.
Marshmallow: This will be added to a portion of the cheesecake batter to make a marshmallow layer.
How To Make S’mores Cheesecake
Step 1. Add the graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl along with 1/4 cup of sugar and melted butter and combine until coated. Add the mixture to the base of a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Press down gently to form the pan before placing it in the fridge.
Step 2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla into a large bowl along with the cream cheese and use a mixer to combine until smooth. Add in the cool whip and beat again to combine until smooth and creamy. Portion the batter into 2 separate bowls. Add the cocoa powder into one bowl with the rest of the 1/4 cup of sugar and combine until smooth. Add the marshmallow fluff into the other bowl and combine. Take the pan out of the fridge and pour the chocolate filling into the pan and spread evenly using a spatula.
Step 3. Add the Nutella into a piping bag or use a spoon to swirl it on top of the chocolate layer before placing it in the fridge to chill and set for 10 minutes. Take the pan out of the fridge and pour the marshmallow layer on top of the Nutella-swirled chocolate layer. Use a spatula to spread evenly before placing it into the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
Step 4. In a heat-safe bowl, add the heavy cream and melt in 1-minute intervals until heated but not boiling. Pour over chocolate chips in a small bowl and mix to combine until melted and smooth. You want it liquidy, but thick enough to make a layer of chocolate on top. Add more or less cream to reach the desired consistency. Take the cheesecake out of the pan and transfer it to a wire rack over a baking pan. Add the chocolate ganache on top to coat and allow it to coat the sides as well. Set in the fridge to chill for a couple of minutes to firm the chocolate.
Step 5. Add the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate bars on top before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
How Long Does S’mores Cheesecake Recipe Last?
This recipe can last a long time depending on how it is stored. You can see the instructions for storing this recipe below. If the recipe is placed in the fridge, it can keep for up to 5 days or last for up to 6 months in the freezer.
You will want to store the recipe in an airtight container for the best storage method. This will need to stay in the fridge or freezer due to the cream cheese in the recipe. For the best results, you will want to save the marshmallow, graham cracker, and chocolate bar toppings for serving.
More S’mores Recipes:
S’mores Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbles
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 16 oz cool whip thawed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 8-ounce blocks cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup Nutella
- 8- oz chocolate chips Semi-Sweet
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chocolate bars marshmallows, and graham crackers for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbles with ¼ cup granulated sugar and then add melted butter and mix to thoroughly saturate the graham cracker crumble.
- Firmly press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan that has been lined in parchment paper and then set it in the refrigerator while mixing the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, mix powdered sugar and vanilla extract into the cream cheese until well combined and smooth.
- Mix cool whip with the cream cheese mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 2 bowls. In one bowl mix in cocoa powder and the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar until smooth. In the other bowl mix in the marshmallow fluff.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and spread the chocolate cheesecake filling into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, swirl the Nutella over the chocolate cheesecake layer and place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or until the Nutella is firm.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and spread the marshmallow cheesecake over the Nutella and chocolate layer evenly and then refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 1 hour.
- For the chocolate topping, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave heavy cream for 1-minute increments until hot but not bubbling, mix in chocolate chips until well dissolved and smooth. It should be very liquid but thick enough to create a layer of chocolate coating. You can add more or less heavy cream to achieve this texture as desired.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. Place the cheesecake on a wire cooling rack over a baking sheet and then pour the chocolate mixture over the cheesecake making sure to coat the entire top and sides. Place back into the refrigerator for a few minutes so the chocolate can firm up.
- Top with marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate bars then slice the cheesecake and serve cool.