S’mores Hot Chocolate Bombs are the perfect treat to make this winter. These hot cocoa bombs are a fun twist on traditional hot chocolate and they’re so easy to make! They can be made with just a few ingredients, which you probably already have in your kitchen. You won’t believe how simple it is to whip up a batch of these tasty little treats.
Smores Hot Cocoa Bombs
These S’mores Hot Cocoa Bombs are incredible, and they’ll be a hit with little kids and adults alike. They add a lot to an old favorite and will undoubtedly become a new favorite way to enjoy your cocoa while also enjoying Smores. Keep this one in your favorites list; it’ll be asked for often.
What You’ll Need to Make a S’mores Hot Chocolate Bomb
- White Chocolate Almond Bark – Do not use white chocolate chips. It will not hold the same as almond bark.
- Hot Cocoa Mix and Mini Marshmallows- This is the filling for the hot cocoa bombs.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars and Graham Crackers- These are added to the outside as decorations and to complete the flavors of smores.
What Kind of Milk Should I Use?
The best thing about making smores hot cocoa bombs is that you can use whole milk, 2% or even skim milk. You can use almond milk, soy milk or oat milk. A lot of people even use water with their hot chocolate bombs.
How to Make S’mores Hot Chocolate Bombs?
Step 1- Melting the chocolate.
In a heat-safe bowl, place the chocolate inside and heat in 15-second increments in the microwave until melted. Be sure to stir after each interval.
Step 2- Coating the mold.
Use a spoon to add a thick layer of the melted chocolate on the bottom and sides of the mold.
Step 3- Setting the mold.
Keep the molds of chocolate at room temperature for 30 minutes to set, then place for an additional 30 minutes in the fridge to chill.
Step 4- Stuffing the cocoa bombs.
Take the molds out of the fridge and add 1/4 cup of the hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows into half of the molds.
Step 5- Forming the cocoa bombs.
Use a small non-stick skillet, and gently warm the edges of the empty half of the chocolate molds. Just barely melt the edges, so that you can combine both halves sealing with the melted chocolate.
Step 6- Chilling the cocoa bombs.
Place the cocoa bombs into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Step 7- Decorating.
Take the mold out of the fridge and top the cocoa bombs with melted chocolate and a dollop of chocolate on top. Arrange 3 toasted marshmallows on top.
Step 8- Making the S’mores Hot Chocolate Bombs stand.
Put a dollop of melted chocolate onto a graham cracker and place the 2 pieces together. Add an additional dollop of chocolate on top of the chocolate and place the cocoa bomb on top.
Step 9- Serving.
Place the prepared hot cocoa bombs in hot milk and allow it to dissolve and enjoy!
What Size Mugs to Use with S’mores Hot Cocoa Bombs?
You want a mug that fits at least 8 ounces of liquid. This gives you enough space for the milk or water and the smores hot chocolate bombs to be inside without overflowing the mug.
More Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes:
- Candy Corn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Snowman Hot Chocolate Bombs
S’mores Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 3 Cups of Melted White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 1/2 Cups of Hot Cocoa Mix – divided – see recipe
- Mini Marshmallows – 5 for each Bomb – 30 total
- 1 cup of Chocolate – melted – for top decoration
- Mini Marshmallows – toasted – for the top decoration.
- 1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers – halves
- 3 Hershey’s Chocolate bars – broken in pieces at the perforations – see photo
- Place the White Chocolate Almond Bark in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at 15-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir between intervals.
- Spoon the white chocolate inside the mold, enough to cover the bottom and sides with a thick layer of chocolate.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes, and then refrigerate for another 30 minutes to completely set the chocolate.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and fill half of the molds with 1/4 cup of the Hot Cocoa Mix and Mini Marshmallows.
- Remove the other half of the chocolate from the molds, and gently warm the edges in a small nonstick skillet, barely melting the edge of the chocolate, and stick the top of the mold to the bottom of the mold, sealing them with the melted chocolate.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, to set the chocolate.
- Remove the Mold from the refrigerator, and drizzle melted chocolate across the S’mores Hot Cocoa Bombs, and place a dollop of Chocolate on top and place 3 mini toasted Marshmallows to the top.
- Place a dollop of Chocolate on top of a Graham Cracker square, and stick the two pieces together.
- Place another dollop of Chocolate on top of the Chocolate and stick the Hot Cocoa Bomb to the top.
- To serve, drop-in hot Milk, and let it dissolve, stir and enjoy!