Spice Cookies are soft and chewy cookies made with molasses, pumpkin spice, ginger and a few additional ingredients to make the perfect Holiday Cookie.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Pumpkin Spice is a staple flavor during the Fall season and it’s one of those flavors that just can’t be beaten! To say these cookies are amazing is an understatement! Each bite is filled with pumpkin spice flavor and the texture is just the right amount of softness and chewiness. This is a cookie I know will be made and enjoyed every year during the Holidays.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use all-purpose flour for the best results along with baking soda to allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
Spices: You will need ginger, pumpkin spice, and ginger to flavor the cookie to get the delicious Fall taste.
Dark Molasses: This will add a deep and rich sweet flavor and the added granulated sugar will add additional sweetness.
How To Make Spice Cookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Add the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl and combine using a whisk. Put the butter and sugar into a standing mixer and beat to combine. Add in the eggs and molasses and beat again before slowly adding in the flour mixture. Put the dough into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
Step 2. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and combine. Portion the dough using a small ice cream scooper and roll them into balls with your hands. Coat the dough balls with the cinnamon sugar and arrange them onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Make These Spice Cookies Ahead Of Time?
Yes! If you need to have these ready to go, you can store the dough in the fridge ahead of time. This way you can just take out the dough, bake them, and be ready to enjoy them in no time. The dough will last up to 2 days in the fridge.
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
If you are a person who bakes a lot or has a bunch of spices and seasonings, you may already have the ingredients to make pumpkin spice at home. Pumpkin spice only requires 5 ingredients to make it. You need cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice. We have a Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe you will love.
Tips & Tricks
- Storage: You can store these cookies in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature.
- You can store them in the fridge or freezer to last longer. They can last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- If you do not like ginger, you can remove it from the recipe, this will just give you a yummy pumpkin treat instead!
- Add a sprinkle of sugar on top of the cookies before baking to make them a little sweeter!
More Pumpkin Recipe:
- Pumpkin Cookies With Cake Mix
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pie Cookies
Spice Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper onto cookie sheets
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy
- Beat in the egg and molasses
- Gradually mix in the flour until combined
- Place into the fridge for an hour
- Place the 1/3 C sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll it into a ball
- Roll the dough into the sugar and place onto the cookie sheets
- Place 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 10 minutes