Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is tender penne pasta with seasoned chipotle chicken with a kick! This Cheesecake Factory copycat recipe is a perfect easy dinner idea for any night of the week!
Spicy Chipotle Pasta
This recipe is so delicious and flavorful. A recipe like this tastes like you’re getting chipotle delivered right to your kitchen. The juicy and tender seasoned chicken will have you craving this dish every day of the week.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pasta: I prefer using penne pasta for this recipe, but any kind works.
Honey: Using honey adds a sweetness to the recipe that evens out the spiciness.
Chicken: I use chicken breast for this recipe, but any type of cut works well with this recipe.
Seasonings: For flavor, I like to add salt, pepper, cilantro, and red pepper flakes for taste and to add a bit of a kick.
Vegetables: For more flavor and color as well as to make this a more filling recipe. I like to add asparagus, peas, garlic, onions, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and chipotle peppers.
Lime: Adding lime with its lime juice will add flavor to balance the dish.
Chipotle Parmesan Cream Sauce: Adding this along with adobe sauce on top makes a deliciously creamy pasta.
How To Make Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
Step 1. Set a cast-iron skillet on a stove over medium-high heat and add 4 cups of salted water with 2 tbsp of butter and boil. Slice the chicken into 1-inch chunks and place in a bowl. Coat in the lime juice with salt and pepper. Prepare the asparagus by cutting it into 2-inch pieces. Chop the peppers and onions and add to the bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Put the peppers and onions into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes to saute and soften.
Step 2. Place the prepared asparagus into the boiled water and cook for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to take them out and set them aside. Put in the pasta and boil until Al dente. Use a colander to remove the water and rinse under cold water before placing the skillet back onto the stove on medium-high heat. Put the garlic, peas, and asparagus into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes before taking the skillet off the stove and adding the pasta.
Step 3. Put the oil into the skillet and mix. Put in the chicken chunks and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Add in the honey and cook for another 2 minutes. Put the butter into the skillet and once melted add in the chipotle peppers, garlic, and heavy cream and combine. Once the mixture begins to bubble, put in the cheese, lime zest, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Switch off the heat and put the chicken, pasta, and veggies into the sauce, and coat fully.
Step 4. Top the finished pasta with cilantro, and tortilla strips. Place onto serving dishes and enjoy with a bit of lime.
How To Make Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta Not Spicy?
To make this recipe not spicy all you will need to do is remove the red pepper flakes from the recipe. You can replace it with less spice seasoning or just remove it together.
How To Store Spicy Chipotle Pasta?
Place the pasta into an airtight container and place it in the fridge for about 3-4 days. You can store the recipe in the freezer to extend the shelf life and it’s better for meal prep as well.
More Pasta Recipes:
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Meatball Pasta Bake
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Tortilla strips
Chipotle Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo chopped
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce from a can
- 1 ½ cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fill a Dutch oven with 4 cups of salted water and 2 tbsp of butter. Bring to a boil.
- Prepare ingredients. Cut chicken into 1” chunks and add to a bowl. Toss with lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut asparagus into 2” pieces. Chop the bell peppers and onion and add to a mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add peppers and onions to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, add asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add penne pasta to the water. Boil noodles Al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Return the Dutch oven to the stove over medium-high heat.
- Next, add the garlic, peas, and asparagus to the skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the skillet and combine with the noodles.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat. Add chicken and brown for 4-5 minutes. Pour the honey over the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the butter to the Dutch oven. Once melted, add chipotle peppers, crushed garlic, and heavy cream. Stir to combine. Once bubbling adds the parmesan cheese, lime zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well and turn off the heat.
- Add the chicken, noodles, and veggies to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and top with tortilla strips. Serve with lime and Enjoy!