Meatball Pasta Bake is a one pan meal that’s perfect for busy families. Just combine all your ingredients right in the dish and bake! Kids especially love this meal.
As a family with kids in multiple sports and lots of busy evenings, we love simple dinners. Anytime I can make a no-prep meal it makes my days easier. Grab ingredients, stir them up and cook? Sounds easy to me! Cooking this way also saves a lot of time in dishes because clean up is so easy.
Meatball Pasta Bake
The most time consuming part of this recipe is simply grabbing the ingredients from the grocery store. (Isn’t shopping often times the worst part??)
Ingredients You Need
- Pasta. Uncooked pasta; this will soften and cook in the oven.
- Frozen Meatballs. Italian meatballs, not homestyle.
- Marinara Sauce. Any brand is fine here.
- Tomato Pasta.
- Garlic. You can choose minced garlic or garlic paste.
- Dried Oregano.
- Dried Basil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Red Pepper Flakes. This is optional for anyone who isn’t a fan of spice.
- Half & Half.
- Ricotta Cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese.
- Parsley. If you’d like to use it for garnish.
How To Make A Meatball Pasta Bake
- Prep. Preheat the oven and grab either a round casserole dish or just a 9×13 baking dish.
- Mix. In the dish, stir up the spices, garlic, sauces, water, half and half and ricotta cheese.
- Add. Next, put in the pasta, meatballs and mozzarella cheese. Stir it up and make sure all the pasta is covered.
- Bake. Cover and bake for 50 minutes. When time is up, take the foil off, add more cheese and heat for another 10 minutes.
How To Store The Leftovers
Cover any leftovers with aluminum foil and reheat in the oven or in individual bowls or plates in the microwave. Enjoy within three days.
What To Serve With This Pasta
I like this meal because it’s a one and done — you don’t need any side dishes to go alongside it. However, you might want a side of bread! Choose your favorite Italian or garlic bread or give our Jalapeno Cheddar Bread recipe a try. Our Baked Zucchini Spears are a great low carb option, too.
More Pasta Recipes To Try Next
Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta Recipe
Meatball Pasta Bake
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1¼ cup half & half
- 1 lb pasta uncooked (penne or ziti are the best choices for this recipe)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb meatballs frozen
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish or large round casserole dish, add the garlic, salt spices, marinara sauce, tomato paste, ricotta, water, and half and half and mix together.
- Add in the pasta, meatballs, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and mix until evenly coated. Use a rubber spatula to gently press the pasta down into the dish so that it’s mostly covered.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and top with the remaining cheese bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.