Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is thick and creamy with dried oats, strawberries, bananas, and yogurt. The perfect morning energy booster!
Breakfast Oatmeal Smoothie
This amazing smoothie recipe is so delicious and can be ready in just minutes. Just add all of your fresh and frozen ingredients into the blender and there you have it! A smoothie with sweet and tasty flavors!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Fruit: It is best to use frozen strawberries and frozen bananas for this recipe because it will give the smoothie a more smooth and creamy consistency.
Oats: You will need dried oats for this recipe which can be rolled or quick oats.
Dairy: You will need milk for this recipe which can be any kind according to your preference as well as plain yogurt which will help with the texture as well.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Step 1. In a blender, add all of the ingredients and combine until smooth and creamy.
Step 2. Prepare a large glass, and add in the prepared mixture. Serve and garnish with a fresh strawberry. Enjoy!
Is This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
Yes! This smoothie is a great option if you’re looking for something healthy to have in the morning. This recipe is filled with vitamins, protein, and anti-oxidants. Each ingredient will do its job to help your body and digestion.
- Don’t use all frozen fruit. If you were to use both frozen strawberries and bananaa, you’re likely to end up with a super thick texture more similar to my Blueberry Smoothie Bowl recipe. So instead, use frozen strawberries and a room temperature banana or vice versa.
- No need to add any sweetener. Some recipes call for a sweetener in a fruit smoothie. The sweetness in the strawberries and banana is plenty so there’s no need to add extra sugar.
- Make it with dairy or dairy-free. You can make this strawberry banana smoothie with dairy or dairy-free/vegan. You can also use regular milk/yogurt or other alternative milk products like almond, coconut, etc…
- Oats are optional. We prefer a more hearty breakfast smoothie, but you can leave the oats out as well.
- Don’t add ice. Using a frozen strawberries in the recipe keeps the drink cold, but it doesn’t water it down like using ice.
- Can I replace or add other fruits? When thinking of more fruits to add, you will want to think of fruits that pair well with strawberries and bananas. Some of my favorite additional fruits to have with this smoothie are kiwi, mango, blueberries, raspberry, and coconut. Experimenting is easy with this recipe on the kind of fruits that you prefer.
More Breakfast Smoothie Recipes:
- Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Monkey
- Sunshine Smoothie
- Monster Green Smoothies for Kids!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- ¾ cup strawberries frozen
- 1 banana
- ⅓ cup oats dry, rolled or quick oats work
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup yogurt plain
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blended smoothie into your glass for serving, and enjoy!