This Strawberry Pie Filling is a super simple and easy recipe to make. It has a sweet, sticky, and delicious flavor that can be added to tons of your favorite desserts including pies, ice cream, cheesecake and more.
Simple Strawberry Pie Filling
This Filling is always a go-to of mine because I am in love with everything strawberry. This filling tastes better than any store-bought kind that you will find. It can be used and easily stored for later use for pies, cakes, cheesecakes, cookies, and more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Strawberries: These will be cooked to bring out the sweet flavor and make it easier to spread.
Cornstarch: This is great as a thickening agent. It will help thicken the mixture as well as help make it smooth.
Lemon Juice: Adding some lemon juice to the recipe will give more of a tangy flavor and brings out that gorgeous red color of the strawberries.
How To Make Strawberry Pie Filling
Step 1. In a large saucepan, add the sliced strawberries with 3/4 cup of water, sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt, and cook on medium heat. Once boiled, turn the heat down slightly and allow it to cook for another 5 minutes. Use a potato masher or fork to mash the berries slightly or if you prefer to have bigger chunks, you can skip this step.
Step 2. In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water and combine before pouring into the saucepan. Allow the mixture to cook for another 10 minutes, making sure to mix every now and then until it thickens.
Step 3. Take away from the heat and let the filling cool before using or storing. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Make Strawberry Pie Filling With Other Fruits?
If you want a plain strawberry filling, I highly recommend this recipe. You can follow the same steps for other fruits like raspberries, blueberries, and mixed berries.
It is best to store filling like this in a mason jar with a lid that can be sealed. This will not only make it easier to take out and use when you need it, but it won’t take up too much space. Make sure to keep it stored in the fridge as it will only last about 2-3 days at room temperature.
How To Can Pie Filling
- Using a wide mouth funnel fill the jars with hot filling leaving a 1-inch headspace.
- Wipe rims clean with damp paper towel.
- Press lids on jars tightly. Place the filled jar in the water bath canner as you fill other jars.
- Place filled jars on canner rack making sure jars are covered by over 1 inch water. Bring to a gentle, steady boil.
- Process jars for 30 minutes. Turn off heat. Let jars rest in hot water for about 5 minutes before removing from pot.
- Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Store jars in a cool place.
Ways To Use Strawberry Pie Filling
- Cheesecake Topping
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Ice Cream Topping
- Strawberry Cakes or Cupcake Fillings
- Baked Strawberry Pies
- No-bake Strawberry Pies
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Cake
- Cheesecake Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Roll Cake
Strawberry Pie Filling
- 4 cups strawberries hulled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Pinch kosher salt
- Slice the strawberries and place them in a large saucepan over medium heat with ¾ cup of water, sugar, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mash the berries slightly with a potato masher or fork (note: you can skip this step if you prefer slices or larger chunks).
- Mix together the cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup of water in a small bowl until well combined and pour into the saucepan.
- Continue to simmer the strawberries for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the filling thickens.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely before using or pouring into storage containers. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.