This Strawberry Puppy Chow is a combination of ingredients including strawberry cake mix, rice cereal, almond bark, Valentine’s sprinkles, and M&M’s. It is a sweet, chocolatey, and delicious muddy buddies snack that can be made in minutes.
Valentine Puppy Chow
This amazing snack is the perfect treat to share with a loved one on Valentine’s Day. It is a treat that will have them fall in love all over again. You can make this for kids to bring to school or serve when you have guests. The strawberry flavor and chocolate are perfect for those who love chocolate-coated strawberries. It is a treat that can’t be beaten.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cereal: You will need squared rice cereal or cereal of your choice. You will mix it with white almond bark to make it stick together.
Strawberry Cake Mix: I like to use a boxed mix for a faster prep time, but you can use a homemade recipe.
Valentines: You will need themed sprinkles and M&M’s for a pop of color.
How To Make Strawberry Puppy Chow
Step 1. Place the cereal in a large bowl. Melt the almond bark in a heat-safe bowl for 30-second increments until smooth. Pour on top of the cereal and combine gently until coated. Pour into a large Ziplock bag or 2-gallon bag.
Step 2. Sprinkle about half of the powdered sugar into one bag and the other half into a separate bag. Divide the cake mix into the two bags and add your desired about of sprinkles and M&M’s into each bag. Zip closed and shake until the cereal is coated completely, then serve. Enjoy!
Variations For Strawberry Puppy Chow:
I love this recipe because you can alter it how you like without changing it too much. You can use a few of the options below to try out:
- Instead of white almond bark, you can use chocolate almond bark.
- You can add food coloring to make the chocolate red or pink.
- If you don’t want it Valentine-themed, you can use other types of sprinkles or M&M’s
Tips & Tricks
- You can add as many of the Valentine sprinkles and M&M’s as you want.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
More Valentine Recipes:
- Valentine’s Day Jello Parfait
- Valentine’s Day Pinwheel Cookies
- Cinnamon Valentine Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Valentine Cookie Dough Dip
Strawberry Puppy Chow
- 10 cups rice cereal square
- 1 lb. white almond bark
- 3/4 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Valentines M&Ms
- In a large bowl place all your cereal. In a microwave-safe bowl melt your almond bark in 30-second intervals until all melted and smooth. Pour the almond bark over the cereal and gently stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Place the coated cereal in one very large Ziploc bag or 2-gallon bag. Sprinkle half the powdered sugar in one bag and the other half in the other bag.
- Split the cake mix between the two bags as well. Pour your desired amount of sprinkles and M&Ms into each bag. Zip the bags up and shake around until all the cereal is coated with the sugar and cake mix. Serve!