Strawberry Sweet Tea
Sitting back and sipping on an icy cold Strawberry Tea would be a great way to cool down in the summer. Perfect for drinking every day or for a party, this ice tea is the perfect summertime drink.
This Strawberry Tea is so good with a delicious taste. Infused with fresh strawberries with a bit of lemon juice. This strawberry iced tea recipe is simple to throw together and only requires a few easy steps. You can make 1 whole pitcher to serve. The perfect Summer tea to enjoy by yourself or guests for any occasion. You can also whip up this delicious and Easy Whipped Matcha Drink or a restaurant-style Caramel Macchiato – Starbucks Copycat right at your own home!
- Strawberries- You will want to have fresh and sliced strawberries.
- Water- This is what your tea bags will be dipped in.
- Sugar- This will be used as a sweetener for your tea.
- Tea Bags- You can use what brand of tea that you want, but Lipton is best.
- Lemon Juice- You will want a medium freshly squeezed lemon for the best flavoring.
- Fruit Slices- You can use slices of strawberries and lemon to garnish if desired.
How to Make Strawberry Tea
In a medium saucepan, add in the strawberries and sugar.
Pour in two cups of water, and set the stove to medium-high heat. Mix your ingredients until the mixture begins to boil.
Turn down the heat once it starts to boil and then, let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Using a strainer, pour the mixture through to separate the strawberry-infused water and then, throw away the strawberries. Place it aside while you make the tea.
Pour 3 cups of hot water into a bowl and then, add tea bags in to let steep for 5-10 minutes.
Take the tea bags out and throw them away.
Add sugar into the tea and mix until it dissolves.
Add the tea into the flavored water in a large pitcher.
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice into the pitcher and then, stir to combine.
Place into the fridge to chill and then, serve with lemon and strawberry slices to garnish.
Does this tea use fresh strawberries?
Yes, this recipe does use fresh strawberries. Infusing the water with fresh ingredients will allow for a better-tasting drink. You will cook the strawberries with sugar and water and then strain to separate them and combine them with the prepared tea.
How to store strawberry tea?
Storing your Strawberry Ice Tea is simple. Keeping the ice tea in the pitcher is what you will do. You can place it in the fridge when not in use and take it out and leave it at room temperature while you serve it.
More Drink Recipes:
- Irish Coffee Cocktail
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Shots
- Hawaiian Hammer Drink
- Malibu’s Pre-Mixed Drink Pouches
Strawberry Sweet Tea
Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- 3 cups fresh strawberries sliced (about one pint)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 10 regular sized tea bags
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice about 1 medium lemon squeezed
- 6-8 additional cups of water once tea and syrup are combined
- Lemon and strawberry slices for garnish
- To prepare the strawberry flavoring for the tea, place the strawberries and sugar into a medium saucepan. Add two cups of water, and then place the saucepan on medium to high heat, stirring the ingredients until it begins to boil.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- When done, strain the strawberries from flavored sweetened water and discard the strawberries. Set aside while preparing the tea.
- To prepare the tea, place the tea bags in three cups of hot water, and let it steep for about 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, discarding them, and then stir in a cup of sugar until it dissolves into the tea.
- Combine the tea and flavored water into a large pitcher, then add the lemon juice, and stir the ingredients together.
- Chill and serve with strawberry and lemon slices for garnish.