Do you get a little excited seeing the girl scout stands in front of stores or see them outside your door ready to sell you some cookies? Then, these Thin Mint Shots may just be the adult drink you need in your life. All the most amazing flavors of girl scout cooking in a delicious chocolate shot.
Thin Mint Shots
With a bit of an adult twist on one of our favorite Oreo thin mints of Girl Scout cookies, thin mint shots taste delicious! This recipe is so simple and easy to make, and comes out so good with a rim of chocolate frosting. You can enjoy this cookie shot with a few cookie recipes like Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies or Pina Colada Cookies – with Rum Glaze.
- Liqueur- You will need chocolate liqueur for this cookie shot.
- Schnapps- You will need a peppermint schnapps for this recipe.
- Frosting- You will need chocolate flavored frosting for this recipe.
- Oreo’s- You will need the fudge covered mint mini’s.
How to Make Thin Mint Shots
Place 14 mini Oreo’s on a plate and use the back of a spoon to crush them. Then, place the dish aside.
Open the frosting and take your shot glass and begin to dip the top of the shot glass in the frosting.
Then, roll in the prepared and crushed Oreo’s.
Pour in the chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps in a shaker or pitcher and combine, then pour in the prepared shot glasses.
What Can I Use If It Isn’t Girl Scout Cookie Season
If it isn’t Girl Scout season, that’s ok. There are a lot of recipes to make your own Thin Mint cookies but there are also other brands that offer these cookies. Stores like Walmart have several cookies that are copy cats of these cookies, like mint Oreos.
Can I Make This A Frozen Girl Scout Cookie Shot
If you want to make this a frozen shot, I would recommend making a larger batch. Then you can mix the shot together with ice. This will create a frozen shot.
More Girl Scout Cookie Recipes:
Thin Mint Shots
- 4 parts chocolate liqueur
- 2 parts peppermint schnapps
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- 1 package of Fudge covered Oreo mint mini's
- Begin by crushing 14 mini Oreos with the back of a spoon (or any kitchen tool) in a dish and set aside. Open chocolate frosting and coat the top of your shot glass with frosting and roll in crushed mint Oreos. Next add chocolate liqueur and peppermint schnapps in a cocktail shaker or pitcher, stir and pour into shot glasses. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 12 clear disposable shot glasses