Every morning will have you energized and ready to go with this Copycat Starbucks Caramel Macchiato recipe. This coffee beverage is simple to make and can be made into a hot or iced coffee in minutes. This recipe for a Caramel Macchiato is a Starbucks copycat recipe. Skip the pricey coffee house drinks and make this one at home for a fraction of the price.
Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
This Starbucks Caramel Macchiato is so delicious and quick to make. This is a sweet flavored coffee with whipped cream and caramel sauce. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe and you don’t have to worry about spending your hard-earned money. You can enjoy this Macchiato with Baked Apple Pie Donuts or a Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe for your morning breakfast.
We’ve also turned this delicious drink into Caramel Macchiato Shots that the adults will love.
If you like stronger coffee drinks with a bit more caffeine, add in a couple of shots of espresso from your espresso machine. If you have a Keurig, you can buy espresso pods instead of coffee pods, if you’d like.
- Coffee- You will need to make your choice of strong hot coffee.
- Sugar- This will be an added sweetener.
- Heavy Cream- This will give the coffee more flavor.
- Caramel Sauce– You will use this for the caramel drizzle for the top of your coffee.
How to Make a Caramel Macchiato
- Grab your favorite mug, glass or mason jar and pour in hot coffee or a shot of espresso (or two).
- Add some caramel sauce and sugar into the hot coffee and combine until melted.
- Pour in some heavy cream and stir.
- If desired, you can add ice.
- Top with some whipped cream (or foamed milk using a milk frother) on your iced or hot coffee and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
What’s the Best Coffee Roast for a Caramel Macchiato?
Enjoying your Macchiato with the best coffee roast is important. You want the flavors to blend well with one another. I recommend using Columbian, Original, or Espresso can be used. However, since this is your coffee, you can use what you have on hand or whatever is your favorite.
Can I Add Flavored Syrup?
This Macchiato recipe is super delicious and sweet with the ingredients that it uses. With caramel sauce and whipped cream, it has all the perfect blend of ingredients that it needs. You could however decide to use vanilla syrup, chocolate syrup or caramel syrup.
- If you are lactose intolerant, replace the heavy cream with almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk heavy creams.
- Steamed milk using a frother is also great for the foam on top.
- Want to turn this into a dessert? Top with vanilla ice cream.
- If serving cold, add coffee ice cubes for a fun twist.
Other Drink Recipes:
- Homemade Caramel Pumpkin Latte
- Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Raspberry Chocolate Whipped Coffee
- Easy Whipped Matcha Drink
Copycat Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- Pour hot coffee into your favorite mug.
- Mix caramel sauce and sugar into hot coffee until melted.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Add ice for iced macchiato if desired.
- Top iced or hot macchiato with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Enjoy your coffee and a full wallet.