Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs are so tasty and fun. Loaded with lots of chocolatey goodness, these have an added surprise with a sugar cookie Hershey’s kiss hidden inside.
Have you been making hot chocolate bombs? We sure have and it’s been a blast! If you haven’t jumped on the band wagon yet, this recipe right here is a terrific starting point. Join us!
Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
Drinking hot chocolate on a chilly day (especially on a snow day) is already one of my favorite things. When you make it an entire experience like we do with these hot cocoa bombs, it is even better.
My kids and I could watch these things melt into a warm mug all day long.
Ingredients You Need
Here is everything you’re going to need to make your own. The ingredients are simple.
- White Chocolate – you can use either chocolate chips or almond bark.
- Hot Chocolate Mix – the brand is your choice.
- Hershey Kiss – the sugar cookie flavor
- Marshmallows – key to any good cup of hot cocoa!
- Hot water or milk – to melt and mix with the bomb.
- Silicone Sphere Mold – this is how we form the bombs.
How To Make Sugar Cookie Cocoa Bombs
- Mold the ball. Melt white chocolate and spread it inside the silicone molds. Pop them in the fridge to harden up.
- Fill. Once the mold is ready, fill them up with your cocoa, marshmallows and a Hershey kiss.
- Seal. Seal the top to the bottom by warming it up half on a warm skillet and pressing it to the other half.
- Decorate. Drizzle white chocolate over the cocoa bomb and add some fun sprinkles.
- Drink. Put your chocolate bomb in a mug, pour the hot milk over it and stir until it all dissolves.
More Recipes You Should Try Next
Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 12 oz. of white chocolate - chips or almond bark
- 2 packets of hot cocoa mix
- 1 package sugar cookie Hershey kisses
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups hot water
- Place your chocolate in a bowl and melt in microwave for 45 seconds, stir until chocolate is melted.
- Place your chocolate in a pastry bag, clip off the end and pipe the chocolate into your molds.
- Take the back of a spoon and smooth the chocolate in the molds until the inside of the mold is covered.
- Place molds in the fridge and let them set for 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate is set, remove from your molds and set 6 in a row.
- Place 1 sugar cookie kiss in the bottom of each chocolate cup and add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Then add 5-6 mini marshmallows on top of the hot cocoa.
- Heat a small skillet and remove from heat, melt the edge of one chocolate cup and then place it on a cup that has been filled with cocoa.
- Let the the two cup edges melt together and set aside.
- Assemble the remaining chocolate cups, use remaining chocolate in pastry bag and drizzle over the top of chocolate bombs.
- Sprinkle with sprinkle mix and let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
- Silicone Mold