Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs
If you spend any time on social media, you have heard of Hot Cocoa Bombs. These special treats are chocolate balls that are filled with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and in this case a little something extra. My Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs are treats that will make the adults in your life smile as they watch the chocolate balls melt and make a delicious drink.
Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs
Wow, these hot cocoa bombs are really amazing. Besides being delicious, these Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs are easy to make. When you pour the hot milk over them, the bombs will melt, and bubble. This creates a special treat to a drink that adults already love! It’s really fun to serve because it makes such an effervescent wave in the cups, and it’s sure to be a real surprise to anyone you serve. Trust me, keep this one in your favorites!
What Do I Need to Make a Hot Cocoa Bomb?
- White Melting Chocolate – You can use chips or almond bark for this recipe
- Hot Cocoa Mix- Any kind of hot chocolate mix will work
- Mini Marshmallows – You will need about5 for each cocoa bomb
- Rum Chata- You will need about 2 tablespoons for each bomb.
- Milk- When you use the milk, you will want to heat the milk. This makes it hot chocolate and melts the cocoa bomb.
- Silicone Molds– This makes the outside of the outside of the bomb.
- Melted White, and Milk Chocolate- This is to drizzle on top
Hot Chocolate Bomb Tutorial
Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl until it is smooth and creamy.
Stir it well and then spoon it into the mold. Make sure to coat the inside of the molds. Pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl.
Place the molds in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
Remove the molds and carefully remove the hardened chocolate from the molds.
Place 6 of the pieces in a row to be the bottom part of the bombs.
Fill the bottom of the balls with cocoa, mini marshmallows, and Rum Chata.
Heat a skillet and then place it on a cookie sheet.
Place the open side of the top ball on the skillet to melt the edge.
Remove from the hot pan and immediately place it on the filled chocolate ball half. Hold it for a few seconds until it is melted together.
When the cocoa bombs have been made, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let the chocolate set completely.
Once the hot chocolate bombs have set, remove them from the refrigerator and sit them in the counter.
Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate bowls in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate has melted.
Stir well and place each one in a pastry bag.
Pipe designs over the bombs and then sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.
When ready to serve, place the hot cocoa bomb in the bottom of a large mug and then pour hot milk over top.
The bomb with melt and bubble and the marshmallows with come out.
Stir the drink together and enjoy.
What is Rum Chata Flavor?
Rum Chata is a creamy liqueur that has a strong cream flavor combined with cinnamon and vanilla. It is known for being a sweet liqueur which makes it perfect for a dessert cocktail.
What Chocolate is Best for Making Chocolate Bombs?
For this hot chocolate bomb recipe, I am using white chocolate. You can also use milk chocolate but I like how the white chocolate tastes with the Rum Chata. You can use white chocolate chips or you can use almond bark in order to make these hot cocoa bombs.
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
RUM CHATA HOT COCOA BOMBS
- Silicone Molds
- 12 Ounces of White Melting Chocolate - Chips or Almond Bark
- 2 packets Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows - about 5 to each Cocoa Bomb
- 2 Tablespoons Rum Chata in each Cocoa Bomb
- 6 cups Hot Milk
- Melted White and Milk Chocolate to drizzle on top
- Place the Chocolate in a Microwave safe bowl, and melt until smooth and creamy. Stir well, and spoon or ladle into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds. Pour excess chocolate back into the bowl, and place the molds in the refrigerator, and let harden for 15 minutes. Remove molds from refrigerator, and carefully remove chocolate from molds, placing 6 half balls in a row. These will be the bottom parts, or half of the Cocoa bombs.
- Heat a non stick Skillet, on low, and place one half ball with the open side down, melting just the edges, remove, place on a cookie sheet, and fill the Ball with the powdered Cocoa, Rum Chata, and mini Marshmallows. Repeat, until all 6 Balls are done. Place the other half of the Chocolate balls in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the ball. Remove from the Skillet, and immediately place on one of the chocolate balls, filled with the cocoa, etc., making the top of the ball/bomb. Hold in place a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together. When all the Cocoa Bombs have been filled, and melted together, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate is completely set. Remove from the Refrigerator, and sit the cookie sheet on the counter.
- Place White Chocolate, and Milk Chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls, and microwave at 15 second intervals until the chocolate melts. Stir well, and place the melted chocolate - white and milk - in a Pastry bag, and pipe the White Chocolate and milk chocolate over the Cocoa Bombs (see photo) and sprinkle with your favorite Sprinkle mix. Place one Hot Cocoa Bomb in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the top. Cocoa Bomb will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top. Stir the powdered cocoa, and Enjoy!