Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs are a fun treat for the holiday. When you pour hot milk over them, they melt and bubble and transform to a drink that everyone loves. Kids love these magical hot cocoa bombs.
Have you made a hot chocolate bomb yet? They are so much fun!! It’s a compact ball of chocolate that carries inside of it hot cocoa and all the fixings. Pour your hot milk over it and you’ve go a warm cup of cocoa.
Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Melting Chocolate – milk chocolate to make the casing.
- Melting White Chocolate – to drizzle for decoration and for the sprinkles to stick.
- Cocoa – any cocoa brand you like.
- Mini Marshmallows – because hot cocoa always needs marshmallows!
- M&Ms – this is a fun surprise hidden inside.
- Sprinkles – another fun surprise!
- Milk – to pour over and make the hot chocolate.
- Silicone Heart Mold – this is what makes the whole thing come together.
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa Bomb
- Mold. Create the chocolate heart casing by spreading melted chocolate in the silicone molds and refrigerating.
- Fill. Once the hearts are ready, fill them up with your cocoa, marshmallows, sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Seal. Seal the top of the heart to the bottom by heating it up and pressing it to the other half.
- Decorate. Drizzle white chocolate over the cocoa bomb and add sprinkles to decorate.
- Drink. Put your cocoa bomb in a mug and pour hot milk over it. Stir and enjoy.
You can really get super creative with these. You can try all sorts different types of chocolate and candy. Also, there are some really fun marshmallow flavors out there like chocolate, lemon and more. Have fun with this!
More Recipes To Try Next
Valentine Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 24 Ounces of Melting Chocolate
- 1 cup of White Melting Chocolate
- 12 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- 1 cup of Valentine M & M's
- 2 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 6 cups of Hot Milk
- 1 set of Silicone Heart Molds
- Valentines Sprinkles
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and melt until smooth and creamy.
- Stir well and spoon or ladle into the heart molds making sure to coat the inside of the molds.
- Pour excess chocolate back into the bowl and place the molds in the refrigerator and let harden for 15 minutes. Remove molds from refrigerator and carefully remove chocolate from molds placing 6 hearts in a row. (These will be the bottom half of the chocolate bombs.
- Heat a non-stick skillet, on low, and place one heart with the open side down, melting just the edges.
- Remove, place on a cookie sheet, and fill the heart with the powdered Cocoa, M&M's, and mini Marshmallows. Repeat, until all 6 hearts are done.
- Place the other half of the chocolate hearts in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the heart and immediately place on one of the chocolate hearts, making the top of the heart.
- Hold in place a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together.
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 15 second intervals until the chocolate melts.
- Stir well and place the melted chocolate in a pastry bag, and pipe the chocolate over the hearts and sprinkle with Valentines Sprinkles.
- Place Hearts in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the heart.
- Heart will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top.
- Stir the powdered cocoa, and Enjoy!