As we head towards the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, it’s a must to have a side dish that will impress. This Sweet Potato Tater Tot Casserole is made with sweet potato puffs, marshmallows, brown sugar, cinnamon, and crushed pretzels.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Casserole
This recipe is so good and will have you wondering why you haven’t been making it! It is so simple to put together and is ready in no time. All you need to do is line a pan with foil, add in your ingredients, and cook, and they are ready to eat! This is one of my go-to recipes for the Holidays and is always a favorite.
If you love tater tot recipes as much as I do, definitely also check out this tater tot casserole recipe that’s baked in the oven.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Sweet Potato: I like to use frozen prepared sweet potatoes. I Use the brand Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs.
- Marshmallows: You will need large marshmallows to add to the sweetness.
- Topping: I use a blend of brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, crushed pretzels, and butter to make a sweet and crunchy topping.
How To Sweet Potato Tater Tot Casserole
Step 1. Use foil to line an 8×8-inch pan and add your sweet potato puffs inside. Add the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, pretzels, and butter into a large bowl and combine. Put half of the mixture on top of the potato puffs. Put the pan in the air fryer and set it to 350 degrees and cook for 10 minutes. Take the tray out of the fryer and mix the ingredients. Press the puffs into an even layer and put the marshmallows on top before adding the rest of the streusel on top.
Step 2. Cook the ingredients for an additional 10 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted, light brown, and slightly crispy. Take out of the fryer, serve, and enjoy!
Can I Bake This?
Yes! You can absolutely bake this recipe in the oven instead of the air fryer. The air fryer is a lot easier to use and takes less time, but you can bake by following these instructions:
Add your ingredients into a lined pan and set your oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes before adding your streusel on top. Bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- If you have any leftovers, place them in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer.
- If you don’t have pretzels, you can try crushed crackers instead.
More Casserole Recipes:
- Loaded Potato Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Cabbage Roll Casserole (Easy and Cheesy)
Sweet Potato Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 bags Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs Frozen
- 1 large bag Marshmallows
- Place the Sweet Potato Puffs in an 8 X 8 Foil Pan. In a large bowl, combine the Brown Sugar, Flour, Cinnamon, Crushed Pretzels, and Butter, until well mixed.
- Sprinkle half of the Streusel mixture on top of the Puffs, and place the pan in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes, at 350 degrees.
- Remove the tray from the Air Fryer, and stir the Sweet Potato Puffs and Streusel until mixed well. Even out the Puffs to one layer in the pan, top with the Marshmallows, and sprinkle the remaining Streusel on top.
- Place back in the Air Fryer for another 10 minutes, or until the Marshmallows are melted, golden brown, and a little crispy on top. Remove from the Air Fryer, Serve and Enjoy!