Sweet Tea Jello Shots is the southern belle of shots! This sweet tea shot recipe is a simple and tasty way to enjoy sweet tea this summer. The lovely yellow color is similar to honey with a sweet flavor that ties it together.
Jello Shots Made With Sweet Tea
These shots are such an adorable way to serve your guests a shot. The recipe is poured into mini mason jars that add such a nice aesthetic to the recipe. These are so cute and would make the perfect addition to a buffet table or to pass around at a party.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Whiskey: This is the alcohol you will need for this recipe. It will be infused into the jello.
Tea Bags: The test bags will steep to make the sweet tea. If you love sweet tea, this recipe will become your favorite shot!
Sugar: This is the sweet part of the tea! This is added to the pitcher with the tea bags while it steeps.
Gelatin – It is best to use unflavored gelatin. This will reduce the risk of flavors clashing and allow the full potential of the alcohol to absorb into the gelatin and give a nice strong flavor.
Supplies You’ll Need
Shot Glasses: You will need mini mason jar glasses. This makes the recipe look 10 times cuter!
How To Make Sweet Tea Jello Shots
Step 1. Boil water on the stove and add to a pitcher. Place the tea bags and sugar into the pitcher and allow it to steep for about 20 minutes before removing the tea bags.
Step 2. Pour the gelatin into the tea and allow it to bloom for 15 minutes until fully dissolved.
Step 3. Pour in the Whiskey and combine until fully incorporated.
Arrange some of the shot glasses onto a tray or cookie sheet. Add the mixture into the mini mason shot glasses to the top.
Allow the recipe to set for 3 hours. Before serving, use a lemon wedge for garnish, and enjoy!
How Long Do Sweet Tea Jello Shots Last?
For this recipe, you will really want to go off how long the sweet tea lasts. The sweet tea shots will begin to lose their flavor after 3 days time. So, make sure to eat them all up before then!
How To Store Sweet Tea Jello Shots?
Mini mason jars come with mini lids! Make sure to use them to seal your shots and store them in the fridge until you are ready to eat. You can also store them in the freezer to extend the shelf life.
More Jello Shot Recipes:
- Gummy Bear Jello Shots
- Strawberry Jello Shots with Pop Rocks
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Strawberry Lemonade Jello Shots
Sweet Tea Jello Shots
- Boil the water, pour the boiling water into a pitcher, add the Tea Bags, and Sugar, and stir well. Let Tea steep for 20 minutes, and remove Tea Bags from Water. Sprinkle the Gelatin over the Tea, and let the gelatin bloom for 15 minutes, until completely dissolved. Stir well, and add Whiskey. Stir to combine so that Tea and Gelatin are well mixed.
- Place the Mini Mason Shot Glasses on a small tray or cookie sheet, and pour the gelatin mixture into the Shot Glasses, filling them with the Tea. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Garnish with a Lemon Wedge, serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 6 Mini Mason Jar shot glasses – See Link