This Easter Bunny Cake is an elegant-looking three colorful tier dessert and so easy to make using only 4-ingredients! Impress your guest with this fun Easter dessert that is simple enough for the kids to make themselves.
4-ingredient Bunny Cake
This dessert is so simple to put together and comes out so moist and delicious. You decorate it to make the cutest little rabbit for Easter Day. This is also a great option for themed birthday parties or any spring events.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cake Mix: I like to use a strawberry and lemon cake mix, but you can use other flavors and dye with food coloring.
- 7 Up: This will make the cake batter very airy and crispy. You can substitute it with lemon-lime soda as well.
- Vanilla Frosting: I like to use vanilla buttercream to decorate along with the rabbit face and ears.
How To Make Easter Bunny Cake
- Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Use the non-stick baking spray to grease 3 6-inch baking pans. Add the strawberry cake mix with one can of soda into a large bowl and combine. Add the lemon cake mix with the other can of soda in a separate bowl and combine. Portion the batter into thirds, so that you have a layer of strawberry, a layer of lemon, and a mix of both. Place into the prepared pans. Place into the oven for 25 minutes or until a tester toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean. Let the cakes cool thoroughly before taking them out of the pans.
- Step 2. Make the frosting by following the directions on the package or make your own homemade frosting. Take the layers out of the pan and place them on sheets of parchment paper or a wooden board. Put the first layer on a serving dish and top it with a mound of frosting and spread evenly with a spatula. Put the second layer on top and add a second layer of frosting and spread evenly. Continue the same steps with the third and final layer. Frost the whole cake. You can arrange the layers however you like. Add the face and ears on top of the dessert followed by the nose and eyes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Another Way To Decorate This Easter Bunny Cake?
You can use the bunny decorations to decorate this dessert, but you can also turn this adorable recipe into a unicorn by topping it with a Unicorn Horn Cake Topper. This cake is similar to our popular Unicorn Cake, but has bunny features.
Additional ways to decorate:
- You can make the shapes of the horn and ears using fondant. The best way to use fondant is to buy it premade.
- Another option is to make the shapes with clean cardboard and then cover it in frosting.
- If you can not find the facial features, you can always draw them on with cookie frosting colored black.
Tips & Tricks
- You can change the colors of the cake or use different flavors.
- To make the bunny look furry, you can use shredded sweetened coconut.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage option.
More Easter Recipes:
- Peeps Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- Easter Chick Cupcakes
- Carrot Cupcakes
- Bunny Butt Cookies
- Easter Cadbury Cookies
Easter Bunny Cake Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease three 6-inch baking pans. In a large bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix with one can of 7 Up (or other lemon-lime soda). In another bowl, combine the lemon cake mix with the remaining can of 7 Up. Divide the batter into 3rds, you will have one layer that is strawberry, one layer that is lemon, and the middle layer is strawberry and lemon swirl, then add cake batter to all three pans. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool completely before removing them from the pans.
- Prepare your Vanilla Buttercream Frosting according to package instructions or use your favorite recipe. Once cooled completely, carefully remove each layer from its pan and set it aside on parchment paper or cutting boards. Place one layer on your desired serving tray and spread a generous amount of frosting over top using an offset spatula or knife. Place the second layer on top of the first layer and spread more frosting over the top as you did before, repeating with the third layer when done. Spread the remaining frosting over the entire cake until you reach the desired look. I placed the swirl layer in the center of the cake, but you can stack them however you like.
- To make the Easter Bunny face and ears begin by adding ears on top, then the nose, and eyes. Voila—your bunny is complete! Amazon.com: Easter Bunny Cake Topper with Eyelashes Easter Party Cake Decoration Supplies for Birthday Party, Wedding, Baby Shower, Spring Eater Party Decorations : Grocery & Gourmet Food
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 3 6-inch cake pans
- Easter bunny face and ears