These Easter Bunny Cupcakes are moist carrot cake cupcakes topped with colored cream cheese frosting with sprinkles and peeps on top.
Bunny Peep Cupcakes
These adorable desserts are so cute and taste so good! They are savory and sweet with a vibrant combination of colors. They are so simple to make and perfect for occasions such as class parties at school, Easter events, and more. I have never met a kid that couldn’t resist this amazing recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Carrot Cake Mix: I love using Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix. You will use additional ingredients to make this dessert even better; you will need baking butter, whole milk, eggs, vanilla, and shredded carrots.
Frosting: We use a cream cheese frosting and you will need cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to make the frosting.
How To Make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Step 1. Set the oven to 325 degrees. Add the cake mix, butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs into a large bowl and combine for 30 seconds on low. Mix for another 2 minutes after increasing the speed to medium. Add the batter into a lined cupcake pan about 2/3 of the way full. Place into the oven for 17-22 minutes. Let it cool thoroughly while you prepare the frosting.
Step 2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the cream cheese and butter and combine until smooth. One cup at a time, add in the powdered sugar and combine. Pour in the vanilla and combine again. Make a hole in the middle of the cupcake big enough to fit a peep. You will need about 1/3 of the peep to fit inside. Place the frosting into a piping bag with a star pastry tip for a “grass” effect. Add the frosting on top and around the peep and ass sprinkles on top. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Use some or all of the options below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- You can use white or any other frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Use a regular bird peep instead of a bunny.
- I love the idea of carrot cake for a rabbit dessert, but you can use other kinds of cake mixes.
Tips & Tricks
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can keep these stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
More Easter Recipes:
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist™ carrot cake mix
- 1 cup butter baking
- 1 cup milk whole
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
For the Frosting:
- Easter Sprinkles
- Peeps bunny candy
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, milk, vanilla and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed for 2 additional minutes. Pour into baking cups in cupcake pan, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 17-22 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Cream together the cream cheese and the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add in the vanilla extract. Cut out a whole in the center of cupcake in which to place a Peep. You want the bottom 1/3 of the Peep to fit inside the cupcake so it will stay in place.
- Pipe your frosting over cupcakes around the Peep candy using a star pastry tip for a “grass” effect. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!