Love is in the air as Valentine’s Day approaches. Maybe you have a first-time love in your life or someone you have had your heart set on for a while. Whatever the case may be, this Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe will be a lovely gift treat to give to your friends and family.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These Chocolate Chip Cookies are so chewy, soft, and delicious! This recipe is so simple to make and has all the ingredients for a normal cookie, but a couple of things to add a little love. This recipe will for sure fill your loved ones’ hearts with love this Valentine’s Day, so be sure to give this a try!
Creating delicious homemade recipes any time of the year is always a great way to show your loved ones how much you love them. However, when you make special treats on holidays, that makes everything even better. There is nothing better than sweets made by your loved ones. To help get your creative juice flowing, here are a few easy recipes that I think will become favorites. My Valentine’s Day Cake is simple and delicious. These Soft Valentines Day Sugar Cookies are easy to make and kid-friendly. And of course, you need a Valentines themed Cheesecake!
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add moisture to your cookies and keep them soft.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Egg- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate chips- You will need semi-sweet and white chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Sprinkles- You will need Valentine’s day sprinkles.
How to Make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl and combine, then set aside.
- Add the butter and sugars into a standing mixer and beat until fluffy and combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients in and beat until combined.
- Add 1 C of the semi-sweet and 1 C of the white chocolate chips, and 3/4 of the sprinkles and use a spatula to fold into the batter.
- Add scoops of dough to the prepared sheets using a medium ice cream scooper.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out and allow to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
What Other Mix-In Can I Add?
These Valentines Day Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good. This recipe has two types of chocolate chips and sprinkles that make them taste amazing. I recommend giving them a try before adding anything. However, you can add in things like nuts, caramel, or raisins.
Do I Have to Refrigerate the Dough Before Baking?
For this chocolate chip recipe, you do not have to chill the dough before baking. Some recipes require you to refrigerate for easier handling. But, for this recipe, all you need to do is combine all the ingredients and bake.
More Valentine Day Recipes
Valentines Chocolate Chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in 1 C of the Semi chocolate chip cookies, 1 C white chocolate chips and 3/4 C valentines day sprinkles
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven and cool completely