How cute are these Valentine Crinkle Cookies made with a cake mix?! They’re the perfect Valentine’s Day treat to make this year with only 6-ingredients.
I can’t believe it’s almost Valentine’s Day! My kids and I are gearing up to make our favorite recipes for the holiday and to take to school parties. After these Valentine Crinkle Cookies we are going straight for the Chocolate Valentine Surprise Cake and White Chocolate Popcorn.
Valentine Crinkle Cookies
If you love baking cookies your going to adore this recipe. Like many of my favorite cookie recipes the base of this is actually cake mix! Using white cake makes these super moist.
There are just 6 ingredients in these, making them really simple to make. Once they come out of the oven, just place the chocolate heart on top and voila.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- White Cake Mix – and brand is fine to use.
- Wet ingredients – vegetable oil and eggs.
- White Chocolate Extract – this adds a delicious flavor, but can be left out if you don’t have it.
- Sugar – you will need sanding sugar to roll the cookies in. This has a larger granule and adds a nice texture. Regular granulated sugar will work fine as well.
- Chocolate Hearts – You can find chocolate hearts in the Valentine’s Day section at any grocery store.
How To Make Valentine Crinkle Cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the cake mix ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into a ball and roll in the sugar.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes and then press a candy heart in the center.
They’re not just for Valentine’s Day!
You can save this yummy recipe and use it throughout the year, exchanging the heart for a Hershey kiss or another favorite chocolate. There is no way I’m going to be able to keep myself from only making these once a year!
You can even use silicone molds and melting chocolate to make all sorts of fun toppers.
Other Valentine Cookie Recipes
Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies
Valentine Crinkle Cookies
- 1 box of White cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp white chocolate extract
- 1 container of white sanding sugar
- 24 chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven at 350º F.
- Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, white chocolate extract and 2 eggs until combined.
- Scoop out about 3 tbsp of batter into your hands and roll into a ball
- Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
- Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Once cookies come out of the oven, allow to cool for 1 minute
- Place the chocolate heart into the center of the cookies. Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!