These Vanilla Meltaway Cookies are so delicious! These soft and chewy cookies are so easy to make and will just melt in your mouth. This recipe has a wonderful vanilla glaze on top that just adds to the delightful flavor.
Vanilla Meltaway Cookies Recipe
Cookies are many people’s favorite treat to enjoy anytime whether it’s a party, as an after dinner dessert, or maybe to sneak one in the morning with coffee. These Vanilla Meltaway Cookies are by far a favorite in my household and may soon become a new favorite with your friends and family too!
If you like meltaway cookies you’ll have to try our Peppermint Meltaway Cookies or our Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies. The different flavors work well together in these meltaways and you get one delicious cookie.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This baking powder will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great recipe uses sugar.
- Egg– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
How to Make Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the butter and sugar into another large bowl and beat to combine until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and combine.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and use your hands to roll them into balls. Use your fingers to flatten them slightly. Arrange them onto your prepared cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Making The Icing
- Combine all the icing ingredients in a small bowl and combine until smooth.
- Add the icing to the top of the cookies using a spoon and smooth evenly. Let rest for 15 minutes to harden and longer if needed.
Variations For Meltaway Cookies
These meltaway cookies are so good as is, but if you are looking to jazz them up, here are a few things you can try.
- Use our cream cheese frosting on these cookies instead of the glaze.
- Add your favorite sprinkles for a festive holiday color and look.
- Add almond extract or lemon extract to the dough.
Do These Need to be Refrigerated?
These cookies can be left at room temperature in an airtight container although stored in the fridge is recommended for longer shelf life. You can also freeze these cookies for up to 3 months.
More Cookie Recipes
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon Cookies
Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls. Flatten the balls slightly. Place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth icing onto the top of each cookie and let sit for 15 minutes, or until hardened.