Cookies are many people’s favorite treat to enjoy, during any occasion whether it be at a party, after dinner, or maybe to sneak one in the morning. These Vanilla Meltaway Cookies are by far a favorite in my household and maybe a new favorite with your friends and family.
Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
These Meltaway Cookies are so delicious! The cookies are so soft and chewy with a sugary taste. These cookies are so easy to make and will just melt in your mouth. The recipe has a wonderful vanilla glaze on top that just adds to the delightful flavor. Be sure to keep this one handy!
Cookies are often thought of as “just a cookie”. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing better than a simple Peanut Butter Cookie. However, when you combine a variety of different flavors together, you get one delicious cookie. Some of our favorite different flavors of cookies are my Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and my Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This baking powder will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great recipe uses sugar.
- Egg– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
How to Make Vanilla Meltaway Cookies Recipe
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Mix in the butter and sugar into another large bowl and beat to combine until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again.
Combine the dry ingredients into the wet and combine.
Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Set the oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
Take the dough out of the fridge and use your hands to roll them into balls. Use your fingers to flatten them slightly. Arrange them onto your prepared sheet about 2″ apart.
Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Combine all the icing ingredients in a small bowl and combine until smooth.
Add the icing to the top of the cookies using a spoon and smooth evenly. Let rest for 15 minutes to harden and longer if needed.
Serve and enjoy!
Do I Add Frosting to My Meltaway Cookies?
These meltaway cookies have a glaze layer on top of them. You would not need to add frosting because the glaze already does so much for the flavor. If you decide you want to add more frosting, that is completely up to you.
Do These Need to be Refrigerated?
Some cookies contain dairy products, especially for the icing or frosting. However, these meltaway cookies do not contain any dairy besides milk. These cookies can be left at room temperature, although stored in the fridge is recommended for longer shelf life.
More Cookie Recipes
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon Cookies
Vanilla Meltaway Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls. Flatten the balls slightly. Place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Using a spoon, smooth icing onto the top of each cookie and let sit for 15 minutes, or until hardened.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.