Cookies come in all shapes, sizes, textures, and flavors! Cookies are one of the best treats to share with friends and family. You can eat them, whenever, wherever, and however you want. And, what better way to enjoy them, than with a little bit of Rum. This Chocolate Rum Cookies may become a new favorite in your household.
Chocolate Rum Cookies
These Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies have a bit of a twist by using Captain Morgan Rum in the batter. This Rum will be added flavor and the alcohol will cook out of it, so no worries about that! These cookies are so simple and easy to make and will be made in no time at all. Be sure to keep this recipe handy to share with your loved ones in the future.
Adding rum or any type of alcohol to a recipe really makes a unique flavor profile, especially when you add it to chocolate. During the holidays, it’s always so much fun to share food with our friends and family. That’s why it’s so important to have a variety of cookie recipes on hand. You never know when you need to make a quick batch up! I have a couple of quick and easy cookie recipes that are perfect to have on standby. For example, my Chocolate Christmas Cookies or my Monster Cookies are always a hit. Another recipe that you should try is my Christmas Sprinkle Cookies recipe. These cookies are so soft and simply amazing.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Cocoa Powder– You will need to get the Dark Hershey powder.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Sugar– Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Canola oil– You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Captain Morgan Rum– The alcohol in the rum will cook out of the cookies.
- Chocolate chips- You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips for these cookies.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
How to Make Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies
Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder into the medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Next add in the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and beat to combine.
Add in the oil and rum and mix to combine.
Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients until combined.
Add in the chocolate chips and fold to combine.
Use plastic wrap to cover and put into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
Add the powdered sugar into a small bowl.
Scoop the dough into your hand using a small ice cream scooper and roll into a ball.
Add the dough ball into the sugar and fully coat.
Do this until you have about 11 balls on the tray.
Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and firm on the edges.
Take out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes to cool.
Serve and enjoy!
Are These Safe for Kids to Eat?
When you make these cookies, many people believe that the rum will bake out of the cookies while others believe that not all of the rum bakes out. There is 2 tablespoons of rum in this recipe, which is a small amount of alcohol that is spread between all of the cookies. Whether you feel this is safe to give to children is a personal choice.
What Makes Cookies Crinkle?
The rum crinkle cookies are super delicious and crinkly! Their crinkle is from the outer layer of the cookie. The cookie is rolled into sugar and baked for an additional couple of minutes to harden up.
MORE RUM RECIPES
- Pina Colada Cookies with Rum Glaze
- Boozy Dole Whip with Rum
- Rum Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Rum and Coke Popsicles
- Spiced Rum Chocolate Bundt Cake
Chocolate Rum Crinkle Cookies
- Using a medium bowl, whisk in the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder together
- Using a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until combined
- Mix in the oil and rum until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for an hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a small bowl, pour the powdered sugar into it
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll it into a ball
- Coat the cookie dough in the powdered sugar
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Place about 11 more cookie balls onto the tray
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and firm around the edges
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack
- Allow cooling completely before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.