A Vodka Tonic is such a classic cocktail. I make this with a vodka base, Indian tonic water (made with real sugar) and lemon and lime juices for a bit of tartness. This is a simple and refreshing drink that’s perfect year-round!
We’ve got dozens of cocktail recipes here that you’ll for sure want to check out after you make this one. I have picked out a few of our favorites that I’ve listed below.
Vodka Tonics are what are considered a highball drink. That simply means it’s a two-ingredient cocktail drink that pairs an alcohol and a mixer. (We add a little lemon and lime in with the two main ingredients.) Common highball drinks that you’ve probably heard of before are Seven and Seven or Scotch and Soda.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Vodka. Whichever brand you like best will work, but according to Thrillist the best brand of vodka for a tonic is Reyka.
- Indian Tonic Water. Indian Tonic Water in tonics tastes best because it’s made with real sugar as opposed to corn syrup or other sweeteners.
- Lime. A wedge for the drink and extra for garnish.
- Lemon. Same as the lime; a wedge and a slice for garnish.
- Ice. Because no one likes a warm drink.
How To Make A Vodka Tonic
So, this is a very easy recipe to make. It’s one that is made by the glass and just takes a minute to make. Just pour, stir and drink.
- Fill your glass 3/4 with ice.
- First, pour in the vodka.
- Then, top the vodka with tonic water.
- Squeeze the lemon and lime in and stir.
- Garnish and enjoy!
More Cocktails To Try
Next time you’re looking for an adults-only drink, take a look at these. They are our top four favorites!
Vodka Tonic Recipe
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces Indian tonic water
- 1 lime wedge plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon wedge plus more for garnish
- Fill a highball glass ¾ of the way with ice.
- Pour in the vodka and top with the tonic water.
- Squeeze the juice out of 1 lime and lemon wedge into the glass and stir.
- Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge.