A delicious fruit and wine cocktail with a light and refreshing flavor that’s perfect for warm afternoons on the porch. This Easy White Sangria Recipe is simple to make, super tasty and absolutely perfect for weekend get togethers or summer parties.
Easy White Sangria Recipe
While sangria is often made with red wine, this white wine sangria has a lighter flavor than a red wine sangria. With a tart and fruity flavor, this easy white sangria recipe is fantastic for a summer afternoon or evening.
If you are serving this Easy White Sangria recipe for a party or for guests, make it ahead of time, and let it meld together in the refrigerator until it is time for the party. It is important to let the sangria chill for at least 2 hours before serving for the best flavor.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Pinot Grigio – or another favorite white wine.
- Torani Vanilla Syrup – to add sweetness and vanilla flavor.
- Cinnamon Sticks – this gives that unique sangria flavor.
- Fruit – you can add your favorites to make this perfect for you.
- Other good fruit options: peaches, nectarines, blackberries, pineapple, apple, lemon.
What Wine is Best for Homemade Sangria?
When making this homemade sangria you want to use a white wine like Pinot Grigio. Be sure you are using a wine that you enjoy the flavor of, since this is the main flavor of the wine.
Can Frozen Fruit Be Used in This Recipe?
While I love to use fresh fruit in white sangria recipe, if fresh fruit isn’t available, frozen fruit can be used. It doesn’t matter which fruit you use. This recipe is very flexible to accommodate whatever type of fruit you have on hand and whatever fruit you like the taste of.
How to Make White Sangria
1. Rinse and clean your fruit then lay it out on a towel to dry.
2. Pour the wine into a glass pitcher and stir in the vanilla syrup.
3. Slice the fruit. Start with the orange and lime, catching the juice in a bowl to add into the sangria. Slice only half of the strawberries.
4. Add in whole berries to the pitcher and use a wooden spoon to smash a few.
5. Let the sangria sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
6. When you’re ready to serve, add a few more pieces of fruit to your glass before pouring.
How Long is Sangria Good For?
When you make this sangria recipe, you want to keep it in the refrigerator. After it has been mixed together, it will last for several days when stored in the refrigerator. You will also want to make sure the pitcher is covered well.
You can get super creative and try new flavors with sangria. You can change the fruit or change the flavor of wine to get varying flavors. Here are some fun variations.
- Use tropical fruits together like mango and pineapple.
- Top it off with some 7UP or Sparkling Water.
- Try a different type of wine like Moscato, Rose or Riesling.
- Use a flavored wine and match the fruit. Example, use Arbor Mists Mango Strawberry with mangoes and strawberries.
More Cocktails To Try
White Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle bottle of Pinot Grigio 750 ML
- ¼ cup Torani Vanilla Syrup
- 1 large Orange sliced
- 1 Lime sliced
- 1 package of fresh Strawberries some left Whole some left whole and some sliced
- 1 package of fresh Raspberries whole
- Whole Cinnamon Sticks
- In a large glass pitcher pour the Pinot Grigio and add the Torani Vanilla Syrup, and stir well.
- Wash/Rinse the Orange, Lime, Strawberries, and Raspberries, and lay on paper towels to dry.
- Place the Orange in a large flat bottomed bowl, and slice the Orange, catching the Juice in the bowl.
- Pour the Orange juice into the pitcher, and add the Orange slices.
- Repeat with the Lime, and about half of the Strawberries.
- Place the Raspberries into the Pitcher as Whole berries, and using a wooden spoon, smash a few of the Berries, and fruit slices in the Pitcher to release the fruity flavors.
- Stir well, and place in the Refrigerator.
- When time to serve, add slices of Fruit to each Cocktail glass, and pour Sangria over the Fruit, filling the glass. Serve with sliced fruit on the rim of the glass.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.