Pomegranate Margarita gives an exotic twist on a traditional margarita. Made with tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, and pomegranate juice, this drink is super delicious and goes down easy! Make a large batch for your Christmas party.
It is no surprise how much I love a good margarita recipe. I’m so excited to add this one to my list of favorites. Quickly it is becoming one of my favorites for the holidays and is a nice change away from cranberry.
Do you ever eat those little containers of pomegranate arils they have at the grocery store? (Arils are are the sweet, juice-filled pulps.) They are SO good and full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. Adding them in this cocktail add a fun garnish but they are also yummy and good for you, too.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Tequila. Your choice of favorite tequila brand!
- Lime Juice. Fresh lime juice is the best option for a margarita.
- Pomegranate juice.
- Orange liqueur. My favorite brand is Cointreau any of them will do.
- Simple syrup. This is for the drink and to rim the glass. As an alternative for the rim, you can use agave or simply use water.
- Coarse salt or sugar. Your choice what you’d like to rim your glass with. I prefer the sugar.
- Pomegranate arils and lime slice. This is optional because it’s for garnish only.
Pomegranate Margarita Recipe
- Fill a cocktail shaker about halfway with ice. Pour in the tequila, lime juice, pomegranate juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup.
- Shake until the drink is cold, usually about 15 seconds.
- Put a little simple syrup on a shallow plate and some sugar/salt in a seperate plate. Rim the glass by dipping it in the syrup then in the sugar.
Want to make a big batch?
If you’re looking to share this with friends you certainly don’t want to keep making individual drinks. You can make a pitcher by increasing the ingredient amounts to:
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces simple syrup
Leave out the ice, stir up your ingredients in a pitcher and chill for an hour. When you’re ready to serve, add ice. If you put in the ice too early, it will melt and water down your drink.
More Recipes To Try Next
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup plus more for the rim
- Coarse salt or sugar for rim
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Lime slice for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker about halfway with ice.
- Pour in the tequila, lime juice, pomegranate juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup and shake until cold, about 15 seconds.
- Add simple syrup to a small plate and add salt or sugar to a separate small plate, dip the rim of the glass in the syrup then in the salt or sugar.
- Add ice to the glass and strain the drink into the prepared margarita glass.