Sometimes we all need a simple, delicious treat to have throughout the day. Having a great recipe to enjoy is one of the best things to do for yourself, so you can sit back, relax, and eat. This White Chocolate Oreo Balls recipe is a great treat to snack on by yourself or to share with friends and family.
White Chocolate Oreo Balls
This White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Balls recipe is so delicious! This recipe is so chewy and flavorful with the delicious taste of Oreos and peppermint. The blend of sweet and minty is a great combination and makes for a great recipe to share with your loved ones. Be sure to keep this easy recipe handy!
Truffles are such a fun and tasty dessert to make. They are little bite-sized bites of perfection. If you are looking for delicious truffle recipes to make for your holiday dessert table, I have a few that you might enjoy. Such as my White Chocolate Orange and White Chocolate Lemon Truffles. My Baileys Chocolate Balls are simple to make and out of this world!
- Oreos- This will be the main flavoring and base ingredient.
- Cream cheese- You will need this softened or at room temperature.
- Peppermint extract- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Melting chocolate- You will need white melting chocolate for this recipe.
- Candy canes- These will need to be crushed for this recipe.
How to Make White Chocolate Oreo Balls
Use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet.
Add the Oreos into a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb.
Put in the cream cheese and pulse to combine.
Scoop the dough into your hands using a small ice cream scooper and roll into a ball. Arrange the dough balls onto the prepared sheet and repeat until you use all the dough.
Put in the freezer for 1 hour and begin to make the outer layer.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and mix until smooth.
Take out the dough balls and dip them into the melted chocolate.
Put back onto the sheet and add some crushed candy canes on top.
Let the chocolate harden before enjoying it.
Do I Refrigerate Truffles?
These Oreo Truffles will need to be refrigerated. Some truffles don’t need to be placed in the fridge, but it all depends on the ingredients. For this truffle recipe, cream cheese is used, and if left out will go bad quickly.
Tips for Crushing Oreo Cookies
There are some very easy ways to crush Oreos for these Oreo Truffles. You can use your hands to crumble them in your cleaned hands. You can place them in a bag and smash them with a heavy object or place them in a food processor and pulse them into crumbs.
MORE TRUFFLE RECIPES
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
- Animal Cookie Truffles
- Christmas Chocolate Truffles
White Chocolate Oreo Balls
- 18 regular Oreos
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 8 oz white melting chocolate
- 1/4 C crushed candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll into a ball, place onto a cookie sheet
- Repeat steps until all dough are used
- Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and mix until smooth
- Remove Oreo cookie truffles from the freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back onto a baking sheet and top with crushed candy canes
- Allow chocolate to harden before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.