Hot Chocolate is one of the best types of hot drinks out there. And, the only thing that can make it better, is by turning it into a cheesecake. This Hot Chocolate Cheesecake will be the best dessert to share with friends and family for any occasion.
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
This Hot Chocolate Cheesecake is so moist and sweet with a chocolate twist. This recipe is one of the easiest recipes to make and will have a bakery-style cheesecake for you and your family in under an hour. This recipe is simple to follow along with and will fill your mouth with chocolatey goodness. Be sure to keep this one handy!
Cheesecake is just one of those desserts that are truly divine. There are so many delicious varieties’ plus it’s perfect any time of the year! If you are a fan of cheesecake, I have a few recipes that might quickly become favorites! Like my Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. Simple and oh so good! My simple Vanilla cheesecake may sound “basic”, however, it is full of flavor and can totally be made in your Instant Pot. If you are looking for a more decadent cheesecake, my Swiss Roll one is a must! Trust me on this! You won’t be disappointed!
- Chocolate Cookies- These will need to be crushed, sometimes stores have pre-crushed cookies.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to your cheesecake.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room temperature cream cheese.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Vanilla Extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use room temperature eggs for this recipe.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Chocolate Chips- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Espresso Powder- This powder will be used for the main chocolate flavoring.
- Marshmallow Fluff- This will be added to the filling.
- Salt- This salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Marshmallow Cream- This will help with the consistency of the topping.
How to Make a Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
Use non-stick cooking spray to grease an 8-inch springform pan.
Add the crumbs, sugar, and butter into a bowl and combine until it forms a wet sand-like texture. Press into the prepared pan and 3/4 inches up the sides of the pan.
Put into the freezer and begin to make the filling.
Add the cream cheese, milk, and sugar into an electric mixer and combine on medium speed until light and fluffy.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine after each addition.
Add the vanilla and flour into the bowl and combine.
Add in the Espresso powder and chocolate in a heat-safe bowl and melt. Cool to room temp. Add the chocolate into the filling and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Then, pour into the prepared pan.
Marshmallow Swirl Filling
Combine the cream cheese and sugar into an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add in the fluff and 1 tbsp of the reserved milk and vanilla.
Mix in an egg and mix, then the flour and combine.
Add dollops of the filling onto the chocolate filling and swirl with a butter knife.
Seal the cheesecake with foil and pinch the edges.
Add 1 1/2 cup of water into the IP and add the cheesecake on the trivet. Place the trivet into the IP and close the lid. Cook for 55 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up, let sit in the IP for 10 minutes before manually releasing and taking out.
Place onto a wire rack and let it cool completely. Once cooled, take out of the pan and serve on a plate. Use a baker’s torch to toast the top of the meringue or place it into the oven to brown the top.
Combine the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
Mix in the marshmallow cream at high speed until stiff peaks form.
Evenly spread on top of the finished cheesecakes.
Brown the top with a baker’s torch or in the oven on broil.
Place in the fridge to chill thoroughly, then when your ready, dip a knife into hot water and dry it to have a clean cut.
What Chocolate is Best in a Hot Chocolate Cheesecake?
When making this hot chocolate cheesecake, you will be using a combination of espresso powder and melted chocolate chips. This will give that rich chocolate flavor that you expect when you have a delicious cup of hot chocolate.
Why Did My Cheesecake Crack?
One of the biggest reasons that a cheesecake crack is that the fat ingredients, like the cream cheese, butter, eggs, and in some cases sour cream are used when they are still cold. Make sure to use room temperature ingredients to help the cheesecake from cracking. The other thing that makes cheesecakes crack is over baking them.
MORE INSTANT POT DESSERT RECIPES
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1½ c crushed chocolate cookie crumbs (Sometimes you can find them already crushed in the pie section of your store. If not crush up chocolate teddy Grahams or Oreos.
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ⅔ c granulated sugar
- ⅓ c milk reserve 1 tbsp for marshmallow swirl filling
- ⅔ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 LG eggs room temperature
- 1½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp espresso powder
Marshmallow Swirl Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ c granulated sugar
- ½ c marshmallow fluff
- 1 tbsp milk reserved from chocolate filling ingredients
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 1 LG egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 LG egg whites
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 c marshmallow cream.
- Lightly spray the sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with a non-stick baking spray.
- Combine cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter until it resembles the consistency of wet sand. Press mixture into the bottom and about ¾ inches up the sides of the pan.
- Place crust in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- On medium speed in an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, milk, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined after each.
- Add in vanilla extract and flour and combine.
- Place the espresso powder and chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup and melt. Cool to room temperature. Pour into the filling mixture and combine on low speed until well-blended. Pour into your prepared pan.
Marshmallow Swirl Filling
- In an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in marshmallow fluff.
- Add in reserved 1 tbsp. milk and vanilla.
- Add in egg and mix just until combined.
- Mix in flour.
- Spoon marshmallow filling in dollops over the top of chocolate filling and swirl with a butter knife.
- Cover cheesecake with foil, sealing edges.
- Pour 1½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place cheesecake on the trivet and lower into the Instant Pot. Seal and set to 55 min. at high pressure. After the time is up, allow to remain in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes, then release manually and remove to a wire rack to cool completely. After cooled, remove from pan and place on a serving plate if using a baker's torch to toast meringue or on an oven-proof plate or pan if toasting in the oven.
- Whip egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Add the marshmallow cream and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over cheesecake and brown with a baker's torch or under the oven broiler.
- Chill completely in the refrigerator before serving. A knife dipped in hot water and dried will help you be able to slice it better.