7 Layer Dip Cups are the best appetizer to serve at your next party. Everyone has Individual Portions to Prevent Double Dipping.
Individual 7 Layer Dip
I love 7 layer dip, but it can get a little messy very quick. One or two scoops into it and it just isn’t looking very pretty anymore. A smart solution is making them into individual serving cups. This way everyone has their own container, you don’t have to scoop it out onto a plate and no one double dips! This dip recipe is also perfect for Mexican dinner night and goes well with tacos and burritos.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Refried Beans – we also like to use refried black beans sometimes as a different option.
- Taco Seasoning – check out our homemade taco seasoning recipe – it’s so easy to make at home!
- Guacamole – homemade or store bought will work.
- Sour Cream – you will use a piping bag for this.
- Salsa – we have a delicious homemade salsa recipe you will love.
- Shredded Cheese – we like to use cheddar, but any shredded mexican cheese will work well.
- Tomatoes – dicing the tomatoes works best.
- Black Olives – people either love or hate olives so this can be optional. We love them!
How To Make 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Grab some clear 9oz party cups. You can usually find these at your local grocery store.
- Stir together refried beans with taco seasoning and transfer the beans to a piping bag (or a large Ziploc). Snip about 1 inch from the end of the piping bag and squeeze into the bottom of the clear party cups.
- Next, do the same with the guacamole, putting it into a bag, cutting the end off, and squeezing into the cup.
- Then do the sour cream, then the salsa in the same way.
- Finally add your garnish, tomatoes, black olives and cheese.
- You can make this a quick 5 layer dip (instead of 7) by just leaving out the tomatoes and black olives. It’s really good that way, too.
- Serve these with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Can You Make These The Night Before?
Absolutely, so long as you have lids for the containers. With any layered dip, each layer will start to run over time, so it may not look as pretty on day 3 as it did on day 1. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t still taste great, it just looks a bit different.
How Long Does 7 Layer Dip Last?
You can keep these covered and in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
7 Layer Dip Cups
- 16 ounces refried beans (I used a 16-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions sliced (for garnish)
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2.25 ounces sliced black olives drained (I used a 2.25-oz can)
- In a bowl, mix together refried beans with taco seasoning until well blended. Transfer the refried beans to a piping bag. Snip about 1 inch from the end of the piping bag and squeeze into the bottom of the clear party cups. Smooth the top with an offset spatula.
- Next, place the guacamole into a piping bag. Snip the end and squeeze over the refried beans in each party cup. Tap the cups gently to settle the guacamole into an even layer.
- Place the sour cream into a piping bag. Snip the end and squeeze over the guacamole in each party cup. Smooth with a clean offset spatula.
- Then, place the salsa into a piping bag. Snip the end and squeeze over the sour cream in each party cup. Tap the cups gently to settle the salsa into an even layer.
- Top with cheddar cheese and garnish unless adding additional layers.