Easy dinners are a must for someone who is always on the go or has many long days during the week. These Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos give you a simple meal to make and it tastes absolutely delicious. They are filled with tender shredded chicken, cream cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, and Pico de Gallo.
Quick & Easy Chicken Taquitos
This recipe is so good and doesn’t take much time to throw together. They come out crispy and crunchy with a tender and cheesy center. These are a favorite in my household and are perfect for school or work lunches, appetizers, or dinners.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chicken: You will need prepared, cooked, and shredded chicken. You can also use other meats like ground beef, turkey, etc.
Cream Cheese: This will make the recipe really creamy along with the shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
Taco Seasoning: You can use regular, mild, or hot along with Taco sauce for extra flavoring.
Tortillas: You can use flour or corn tortillas for this recipe.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
Step 1. Place the chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack, pico de gallo, taco seasoning, and taco sauce into a mixing bowl and combine until fully incorporated using a rubber spatula. Lay the tortillas out and place 3 Tbsp of the mixture on the bottom half of the tortilla. Use olive oil to brush over the remaining space of the tortilla about 1 inch away from the mixture. Begin to roll the tortilla into a tight roll until the seam is at the bottom. Continue rolling until all the tortillas are used.
Step 2. Set the fryer to 380 degrees and use nonstick cooking spray to grease the basket before adding the taquitos. Fit as many as you can without them touching each other. Brush with olive oil and cook for about 7 minutes. Continue in batches if needed until all of them are cooked. Add Pico de Gallo, hot sauce, salsa, Verde, cilantro, and shredded cheese if desired, and serve. Enjoy!
Variations & Substitutions For Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos:
You can use some of the options below to alter the recipe or use them if you are missing a certain ingredient.
- Instead of Pepper jack cheese, you can use other kinds like Cheddar, Mozzarella, Monetary Jack, or Colby Jack
- Instead of flour tortillas, you can use corn tortillas, but if you do, you will need to cook them at 380 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans, red onions, cilantro, or cooked corn into the recipe if desired for more flavor.
Tips & Tricks
Place the leftovers in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 days in the fridge for the best storage method.
To reheat, place the air fryer at 400 degrees and cook for 3-4 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Enchiladas
- Lemon Hand Pies (Air Fryer or Baked)
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, cream cheese, pepper jack, pico de gallo, taco seasoning, and taco sauce. Mix using a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Lay out the flour tortillas and add 3 tbsp of the chicken mixture one inch from the bottom of the tortilla. Brush olive oil over the rest of the tortilla and tightly roll so that the seam is on the bottom. Repeat with the remaining tortilla shells.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380℉ and spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add as many taquitos to the air fryer basket as you can without them touching. (you may have to work in batches) Brush each taquito with more olive oil and cook for 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining taquitos.
- Serve hot and top with pico de gallo, hot sauce, salsa verde, cilantro, and shredded cheese if desired. Enjoy!