Air Fryer Chimichangas
Air Fryer Chimichangas recipe helps you make a delicious dinner super quick. I can’t believe I ever made dinner without an Air Fryer! You only have to cook these for about 6 minutes, earning them a top spot in our weekly dinner menu.
Air Fryer Chimichangas
Using a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for these helps save a bunch of time. You can grab one from the deli section of your grocery store and get dinner ready fast! (Here is a quick tutorial on how to shred a rotisserie chicken.)
- Jasmine Rice
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Pinto beans
- Enchilada Sauce
How To Make “Grilled” Air Fryer Chimichangas
The first thing to do is saute your onions and jalapeños on the stove. Add in your shredded chicken and mix it together. While that is cooking you can heat your pinto beans in a saucepan.
(If you’re looking for less spice just omit the jalapeños.)
Then, make your burritos! Laying your shells flat, scoop a spoonful of the rice, the meat mixture, then top with beans, cheese and enchilada sauce.
Roll the burrito and brush it with melted butter.
Cook each burrito one at a time, flap side down for about 6 minutes.
Top it with sour cream, cilantro, pico, or more cheese and enjoy!
Air Fryer Chimichanga
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 6 flour tortillas
- 8 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese blend
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- sour cream for serving
- pico de gallo for serving
- Add onion, and jalapeño to a lightly oiled sauté pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cook until onions are translucent.
- Once it is are fully cooked add in shredded chicken
- Mix together until fully combined.
- Remove chicken from the heat.
- Rinse the pinto beans and place in a small sauce pan heat on medium until hot.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scooper.
- Scoop out 1 portion of rice and 1 portion of chicken and place on flour tortilla.
- Top with cheese blend, beans, cilantro and some red enchilada sauce.
- Then roll tightly into a burrito.
- Brush the top of the burrito with butter.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360ºF
- Place burrito into Air fryer dish flap side down to create a seal.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with sour cream, enchilada sauce and pico de gallo.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes