With the 4th of July right around the corner, there’s nothing better than enjoying time with your friends and family. With BBQs and Picnic’s and more, you always want to have a great treat or dessert to share with everyone. This 4th of July Cookies with M&M’s are perfect for Independence Day.
4th of July Cookies with M&M’s
These Patriotic Cookies with M&M’s are so delicious and of course, the fact they contain M&M’s makes this treat so much better. With this small list of ingredients, you can have chewy and delectable cookies in no time. These are sure to be devoured once you set them out for everyone to eat. If you want to give another 4th of July recipe a try, you will want to make our Mini 4th of July Brownies or these Cake Mix 4th of July Cookies (only 4-ingredients).
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Brown Sugar- This will add moisture and a rich flavor.
- Eggs- Use these eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- You will need to use unbleached flour for this recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Chocolate- You will need to get chocolate chunks or make your own homemade.
- M&M’s- You will need colorful Patriotic M&M’s.
How to Make 4th of July Cookies
To start, set your oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
First, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar into a bowl and beat together until combined.
Secondly, put in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined
Gradually, add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix to combine.
Use a spatula to add in the chocolate chunks, and one and a half cups of m&ms,
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, create 1-inch to 1.5-inch dough balls and arrange them onto the prepared baking sheet about two inches apart.
Next, place some m&ms on top of the dough balls.
Finally place into the oven for about eight to 10 minutes, or until the middle is that, and sides begin to brown.
To finish, top the baked cookies with the rest of the m&ms and allow them to cool for about five minutes on the sheet before placing them onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
How Long Do 4th of July Cookies Last?
The amount of time the 4th of July Cookies will last depends on where they are stored. By keeping them at room temperature, the cookies will only last for about 2-3 days. Whereas, if they are put into the freezer, they can last up to 4-5 months.
Can you freeze M&M cookies?
Yes, you can freeze your M&M cookies, if you want to. Freezing the cookies will allow for a longer shelf life of up to 5 months compared to leaving them at room temperature. Be sure to place the cookies into an airtight container before freezing.
More Cookie Recipes:
- 7 Layer Flag Dip for 4th of July
- 4th of July Poke Cake
- 4th of July Flag Cake made with Sixlets!
- 4th of July Flag Dessert
4th of July Cookies with M&M's
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 2 1/2 cups patriotic M&Ms divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly stir in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and 1 1/2 cups of M&Ms.
- Use a 1” cookie scoop or spoon to create 1-1.5” cookie balls and place them 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Top cookie balls with M&MS.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is set and the edges start to brown.
- Sprinkle cookies with remaining M&Ms and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.