It’s hard to think of many things more perfect for autumn weather than apples. Unless it’s these Air Fryer Apple Fries with caramel dipping sauce. If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can make our Apple Fries recipe using the regular method.
When a little nip in the morning air rolls in, and the first maple leaves begin to turn shades of red and gold, it’s apple picking time! If you love them, and can’t wait to try the recipe below, you should take a look at some other reader favorites that feature apples. Slow Cooker Applesauce, Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, and Apple Pie Trail Mix are worth putting on your list of great fall recipes.
Air Fryer Apple Fries
In this recipe, you’ll want to use Gala apples. They’re sweet, they smell great, and the texture makes them ideal for this recipe and lots of others.
Gala apples are truly an all-purpose apple. If you dislike soft, sort of mushy apples, you can’t go wrong with a chilled Gala.
Do you have an air fryer? If not, you may want to check into getting one and you can a good Air Fryer HERE. Not particularly for this recipe, because if you aren’t going to use it again, it might not be the best investment. That said, you may be surprised how often you’ll find yourself using it.
If you already have one, here are some more recipes that will tickle you pink. If not, perhaps they’ll convince you to give the air fryer another look.
Making apple fries
Prepping these apple slices sort of compares to getting chicken ready to fry. It’s all about the “layered” coating.
Toss the wedges into the flour. Next, dredge them in the beaten egg. And finally, roll them in the sugar and crushed graham cracker mixture.
The recipe isn’t hard, and not terribly time-consuming. Betcha your family will love them!
Other Awesome Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Apple Fries
Apple Fries Ingredients:
- 3 large Gala apples
- 1 C flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C sugar
Caramel Dipping sauce Ingredients:
- 1 container of caramel sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the apples: peel, core, then cut the apples into 8 wedges.
- Add the flour into a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, pour into a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish combine the crushed graham crackers and sugar. Stir to blend.
- Line the flour bowl first, second put the beaten eggs, and crushed graham crackers, and sugar combination.
- Begin by tossing each wedge of apple in the flour.
- Dredge the floured apple pieces in the beaten eggs.
- Third, roll the apple pieces in the sugar/crushed graham cracker mixture.
- Put each prepared apple pieces on the prepped cookie sheet.
- Toss the apple slices and flour together in a large bowl. Set up a dredging station by put Dip each apple slice into the egg, and then into the graham cracker crumbs. Coat the slices on all sides and place the coated slices on a cookie sheet.
- Coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Do not overlap the apple pieces in the air fryer. Air fry the apples in batches. Spray the apple pieces with a light coat of oil. Air fry at 380 degrees for 5 minutes then turn the apple pieces over and for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a serving bowl. Transfer the bowl to a microwave. Heat until the caramel sauce is warm and ready to serve with the apple fries.
- Air Fryer
- vegetable oil
- cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- small serving bowl
- 2 shallow dishes
COOK TIME: 7 m