These Air Fryer Apple Fries are a perfect anytime snack and also make a great dessert. Coated with a graham cracker-sugar mixture and fried in the air fryer, they are just right to dip in the caramel dipping sauce on a crisp fall afternoon.
Air Fryer Apple Fries
If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can make our Apple Fries recipe using the regular method.
When a little nip in the morning air rolls in, and the first maple leaves begin to turn shades of red and gold, it’s apple picking time! If you love them, and can’t wait to try the recipe below, you should take a look at some other reader favorites that feature apples. Slow Cooker Applesauce, Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, and Apple Pie Trail Mix are worth putting on your list of great fall recipes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Apples– We used Gala Apples
- Flour– You’ll use all-purpose flour.
- Eggs– You’ll need 3 large eggs
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Sugar– You’ll use granulated sugar
- Caramel Sauce– Try our Homemade Caramel Sauce.
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Fries
- Prepping these apple slices sort of compares to getting chicken ready to fry. It’s all about the “layered” coating.
- Toss the wedges into the flour. Next, dredge them in the beaten egg. And finally, roll them in the sugar and crushed graham cracker mixture.
The recipe isn’t hard, and not terribly time-consuming. Betcha your family will love them!
What Are The Best Apples To Use?
For this recipe, we used Gala apples. They’re sweet, they smell great, and the texture makes them ideal for this recipe and lots of others. Gala apples are truly an all-purpose apple.
The best apples to use for this recipe really depends on your taste though. If you are looking for a tart taste, then Granny Smith, McIntosh or Pink Lady are what you want. If you are looking for a sweet apple flavor, then Golden or Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, or Honeycrisp work well.
Do you have an air fryer? They are so useful for so many recipes. If you don’t have one yet, you may want to check into getting one. They are easy to use and you will find yourself using it again and again. The investment will definitely pay off with time saved and ease of cooking.
Other Awesome Air Fryer Recipes
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Mashed Potato Cakes
- Nashville Chicken
- Blackberry Hand Pies
- Doritos Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Avocado Fries
Air Fryer Apple Fries
Apple Fries Ingredients:
Caramel Dipping sauce Ingredients:
- 1 container of caramel sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the apples: peel, core, then cut the apples into 8 wedges.
- Add the flour into a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, pour into a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish combine the crushed graham crackers and sugar. Stir to blend.
- Line the flour bowl first, second put the beaten eggs, and crushed graham crackers, and sugar combination.
- Begin by tossing each wedge of apple in the flour.
- Dredge the floured apple pieces in the beaten eggs.
- Third, roll the apple pieces in the sugar/crushed graham cracker mixture.
- Put each prepared apple pieces on the prepped cookie sheet.
- Coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Do not overlap the apple pieces in the air fryer. Air fry the apples in batches. Spray the apple pieces with a light coat of oil. Air fry at 380 degrees for 5 minutes then turn the apple pieces over and for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a serving bowl. Transfer the bowl to a microwave. Heat until the caramel sauce is warm and ready to serve with the apple fries.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
COOK TIME: 7 m