Apple Fries are the perfect way to celebrate fall. They’re crispy, sweet, and delicious! You can make them as an appetizer or even a dessert. These fries will be your favorite fall treat this year! They’re easy to make and taste amazing.
Easy Apple Fries
Apple Fries are a delicious and perfect recipe as a snack or dessert. Making this recipe is super simple and quick, so you can enjoy it in no time. This recipe is perfect for everyone, kids included. This recipe is great along with some ice cream or you can even make some other recipes with it like these Caramel Apple Rose Tart Bites or these Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs.
Ingredients You Will Need:
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Lemon Juice– Use fresh lemon for the best flavoring.
- Water– This water will be used to soak the apples.
- Apples– You will need to be cored, peeled, and sliced granny smith apples.
- Cornstarch– The apples will be tossed in this cornstarch.
- Canola Oil– You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Sugar– You will toss the fried apples in sugar and cinnamon.
- Cinnamon– This will be used to coat and add additional flavoring.
- Whipped Cream– This will be used to dip the apples in.
- Caramel Sauce (heated)– This is another dipping sauce for the finished apples.
How to Make Apple Fries
To start, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a cup of water into a large bowl.
First, prepare the applied by peeling and cutting into 1/2 inch chunks.
Next, while you’re still cutting, add the apples into the prepared water bath and allow them to sit for 3-5 minutes to soak.
Preparing the Electric Fryer:
First, pour 4 cups of oil into the fryer and allow it to reach 300 degrees.
Secondly, put a wire rack onto a baking sheet and place it aside for later.
Thirdly, remove the apples from the water bath, drain them, rinse them, then place them in a separate bowl.
Next, separate the apples into 2 different bowls and pour some cornstarch into another smaller bowl.
In addition, take each batch of apples and coat in the cornstarch until fully coated.
First, remove the apples from the cornstarch and shake to remove excess.
Secondly, add the apple stick into the fryer and cook for 2 minutes or ( until soft and pale).
Thirdly, remove the first batch of fries from the oil using a slotted spoon.
Next, prepare a baking sheet with paper towels, and transfer the cooked apple fries to the wire rack.
First, let the fryer reach 300 degrees.
Secondly, coat the second apple batch in cornstarch and shake to remove excess.
Thirdly, allow the fries to cook for 2 minutes or until soft and pale.
Next, take the apples out of the fryer and transfer them to the wire rack.
In addition, this time, heat the oil to 375 degrees.
Furthermore, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon into a shallow baking dish, then set aside.
To begin, add the heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar into an electric mixer, and combine until stiff peaks form at medium speed, then transfer to a small bowl.
Secondly, separate the apple fries into 3 equal portions.
Next, put the first batch back into the fryer to refry for 1 1/2 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
In addition, place paper towels on a baking sheet.
First, in a lined baking dish, add the first batch of apple fries.
Secondly, coat the fries in cinnamon sugar and transfer them to a plate.
Thirdly, follow the same directions that you used to refry the first batch of apple fries, and fry your second batch.
Next, continue the process of refrying with the third batch.
To finish, place all batches of the fries onto the plate with the first batch.
Finally, use whipped cream and heated caramel sauce to serve and enjoy with your apple fries.
How to Store Apple Fries?
The best way to store these apple fries is in the fridge or freezer. You can have these in the freezer for a long-lasting snack. Place the recipe into an airtight container before placing it into the fridge or freezer for the best storage method.
What Kind of Apples is Best?
The Apples used in this recipe are Granny Smith Apples. These apples are perfect for most apple recipes. You can use others to make this if desired.
More Fries Recipes:
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
- Disney’s Cookie Fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Apple Fries
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Apple Fries (Crispy and Easy)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 C water
- 4 Granny Smith apples cored, peeled, sliced into fries about 1/2in thick
- 1 ⁄2 C cornstarch
- 4 C canola oil to fry the fries
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Fresh whipping cream
- 1 C caramel sauce heated
- Prepare an apple bath for your fresh sliced apples.
- In a large bowl add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to 1 cup of water.
- Set aside.
- Slice the peeled apples and then cut into 1⁄2 inch wide sticks,
- As you cut the apples into the sticks, add them to the water bath.
- Soak them for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable oil to the electric fryer.
- Allow the oil to heat to 300 degrees.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the apple sticks.
- Set them aside in a bowl.
- Divide into 2 equal batches.
- Put the cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Toss the apple sticks in the bowl until well coated.
- Shake off the excess cornstarch from the apple sticks.
- Add the prepared apple sticks to the electric fryer.
- Fry for about 2 minutes or (until the sticks are soft but still pale in color.)
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the first patch of apple fries.
- Lay paper towels on the baking sheet.
- Place the apple fries on the wire rack.
- Allow the fryer to reach 300 degrees before adding the second batch.
- Once the vegetable oil reaches 300 degrees.
- Toss the second batch of apple sticks in the cornstarch.
- Shake off the excess cornstarch.
- Fry the second batch for 2 minutes or until they are soft yet still pale.
- Remove the apple fries from the fryer and place them on the wire rack.
- Allow the vegetable oil to heat to 375 degrees.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon together in a shallow baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer add the heavy cream, vanilla, and remaining sugar.
- Beat until medium peaks form. Move to a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Divide the apple fries into 3 equal batches.
- Add the first of the 3 batches to the fryer.
- Refry the first batch for 1 1⁄2 minutes or until they are crisp and lightly brown.
- Line a cookie sheet with a layer of paper towels.
- Toss the first batch of apple fries onto the lined baking dish.
- Next, toss those apple fries in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Move to a plate.
- Refry the second batch of apple fries following the same directions as with the first batch.
- Follow the same directions, fry the third batch of apple fries and finish following the same steps.
- Add the second and third batch of apple fries to the plate holding the first batch.
- Serve the apple fries with whipped cream and warm caramel sauce for dipping.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.