Air Fryer Fish Sticks
These Air Fryer Fish Sticks are great for beginners looking for a simple, quick, and delicious recipe. This recipe can be made in no time and is the perfect dinner for any child. Skip the frozen minced fish and make these mouthwatering homemade fish sticks.
Make Fish Sticks Made in the Air Fryer
These Fish Sticks are easy to make and tasty. This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to make the perfect crispy fish sticks in no time.
Key Ingredients You Need
Codfish: Codfish is a great option for this recipe, but you can use other types of fish as well.
Table Salt: Main reason for salt is to bring out all the delicious flavors. You want the best quality flavor when you are done cooking and salt is the best way to enhance it.
Eggs: Use room-temperature eggs for this recipe. These will attach the flour and breadcrumbs to the fish.
All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose Flour is used to absorb all the moisture. While frying it will remove as much fat and grease as possible.
Panko Breadcrumbs: This is the best way to get that crunchy and crispy outer layer. To get an even crispier outer layer, you can double fry the recipe.
Parmesan Cheese: Mix this cheese into the panko breadcrumbs. You will not only get a crispy bite but a cheesy one as well.
Oregano: Add this into the crumbs to add more flavor to the fish sticks.
Oil: Use spray oil to grease the air fryer. Using the spray will get rid of a lot of that excess grease and will make the recipe a lot healthier.
How To Make Air Fryer Fish Sticks
1. Prep. Cut the codfish into strips like ‘fish sticks’ and place them on the cutting board. Top the fish with some salt.
Prepare two mixing bowls. Once containing 1 egg and flour, then whisk to combine.
The other container is panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and oregano, and mix to combine.
2. Cooking. Place the strips into the egg mixture.
Then, place the sticks into the panko mixture, and set aside.
Continue until all the fish has been used. Set the fish into the air fryer, spray with oil, and cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Flip the sticks at 7 minutes.
Once cooked, serve right away, and enjoy!
What Types of Fish Can Be Used?
You can use almost any type of white fish that you want for this recipe. Some great ones are tilapia, cod, bass, grouper, haddock, catfish, and snapper. Snapper is one of my favorites!
How To Store?
Place the Air Fryer Fish Sticks into an airtight container. Place the fish sticks in the freezer to extend the shelf life. Reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or oven.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips with Dipping Sauce
- Gingerbread Cream Horns (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Smores Hand Pies
- Air Fryer Garlic Knots (with Parmesan)
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- 8.9 ounces codfish skinless and boneless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- spray oil
- Begin the recipe by slicing the fish into ‘fish-stick’ like pieces and layout on a chopping board.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt.
- Get 2 mixing bowls. In the first one place the eggs and all-purpose flour. Mix together with a whisk. In the second mixing bowl place panko breadcrumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, and dried oregano. Mix together.
- Dip one slice of the fish into the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture, and set aside. Repeat the process until all the fish are coated. Once the fish is coated, place it into the Air Fryer, spray with spray oil and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes, turning at 7 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, serve immediately.