These Air Fryer Enchiladas are so Easy to make using only 5-ingredients. With a delicious cheesy beef filling covered in enchilada sauce, topped with cheese then air fried leaving crispy edges.
Quick and Easy Enchiladas
Making enchiladas in the Air Fryer is the fastest way to enjoy a delicious Mexican dish in just minutes. The flavor of this recipe is the perfect blend of ingredients. This is a great recipe for feeding a large family.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Red Enchilada Sauce: You can choose to make homemade sauce or use canned. I prefer homemade because I can make it with a bit of a kick.
Taco Meat: You may prepare ground beef seasoned with taco sauce. Add additional seasonings if desired.
Tortillas: I like to use yellow corn tortillas for this recipe, but white tortillas work just as well.
How To Make Air Fryer Enchiladas
Step 1. Combine 1 cup of the prepared taco meat with the enchilada sauce. Put a bit of sauce into the bottom of the pan just barely covering it. Place tortillas into the microwave to warm up for 15 seconds until soft and pliable.
Step 2. Put 1 to 2 tablespoons of the meat into the tortillas with a little bit of cheese and roll. Put the tortillas into the prepared pan and fold side down. Pour enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas generously and sprinkle with your preferred amount of cheese evenly.
Step 3. Put the pan into the basket of the air fryer and cook for 6 to 8 minutes at 375 degrees until the ends of the tortillas are crisp and the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store Air Fryer Enchiladas?
Place the recipe into an airtight container for the best storage method. I recommend putting the sauce and cheese on top only when you are ready to eat. If the sauce and cheese are added, it will cause the tacos to become soggy.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Enchiladas?
Yes! Just like placing it in the fridge, I recommend putting the cheese and sauce on only when you are ready to serve. Place the prepared tacos into a freezer bag or airtight container and store them for up to 3 months.
More Mexican Recipes:
- Mexican Cornbread Recipe (5-minute prep)
- Instant Pot Mexican Corn Dip with Jalapenos
- Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn
- Skillet Mexican Corn Dip
Air Fryer Enchiladas
- 2 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce homemade or canned
- 2 lbs. taco meat prepared, seasoned with taco sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 15-20 corn tortillas yellow or white
- 3 Tbsp chives diced for garnish
- Mix 1 cup of meat into your enchilada sauce.
- Slightly add sauce to the bottom of the pan you’re using for cooking. Barely cover thebottom.
- Prewarm the tortillas for 15 seconds in the microwave. This will make them soft andpliable.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of meat to your tortilla. Top with a little bit of cheese and roll close.Place fold down in your pan top the sauce
- Once the pan is filled, top generously with sauce and cheese. Make sure it’s evenlydistributed across all the enchiladas and fully covered.
- Place pan I air fryer basket, cook at 375 for 6-8 minutes until tortillas end crisp andcheese reaches its desired melt.