Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. Made with fresh jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon and colby jack cheese, these poppers are so easy to make, just pop them in the air fryer and enjoy.
Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
Love Jalapeno Poppers but hate how unhealthy they are? Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers to the rescue! These poppers are just as delicious as the fried version, but with a fraction of the calories. Plus, you can make them at home in your air fryer in just minutes.
Serve up a batch of poppers at your next party and watch them disappear. They’re perfect for game day, parties or any time you want a tasty snack that everyone will love.
- Jalapeños – I like the large ones. Remove the seeds and veins in the jalapenos for the best tasting poppers.
- Cream cheese- This is the main ingredient in the filling of jalapeno poppers.
- Seasoning- I like to use garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Green onion- You can use regular onions but the flavor is much more intense and takes away from the poppers, in my opinion.
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese – You can also use cheddar cheese instead.
- Bacon– Everything is better with bacon, including jalapeno poppers.
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
Cut the jalapenos in half and remove the seeds and veins.Place the peppers in the basket and drizzle them with a little of olive oil. Then cook for 4 minutes. Let cool until you are able to handle them.
Place the jalapenos upside down on paper towel to drain any excess liquid or oil while you make the filling.
Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Next, add in the shredded cheese, bacon and seasoning. Add the green onions, bacon and cook in the air fryer for 5 minutes.
How to Store Leftovers
These poppers are best served fresh but you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also store them in a freezer bag in the freezer.
How to Reheat Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
To reheat these poppers, simply place them in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.You can also reheat jalapeno poppers in the microwave.
More Air Fryer Recipe
- 8 Best Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners!
- Air Fryer Jerk Chicken
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Gingerbread Cream Horns (Air Fryer)
- Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers (Air Fryer)
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 large alapeños
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 8 oz bacon cooked and chopped divided
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins.
- Place jalapeños in a greased air fryer basket and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Air fry jalapeños at 400ºF for 4 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes or until able to be handled.
- Place upside down on paper towel to drain any excess liquid or oil.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese, bacon (reserving about 2 tbsp to top the jalapeño poppers with), and green onions.
- Fill jalapeños with cream cheese mixture and return to air fryer basket.
- Top with additional shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.