If you absolutely love wings or know someone who could eat wings for the rest of their lives, which I’m sure we all have a friend or family member like that. Then, this amazing Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings will be perfect. These are so delicious and may become a favorite!
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
This BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is so good! This recipe is so packed with flavor and super quick to make. If you had a busy day, these will be a great addition after a long day to make for dinner. These wings are so tender, crunchy, and coated with a sweet BBQ sauce.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Chicken wings- You can use any type of wings you prefer, bone-in or out.
- Egg- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2% milk.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Garlic salt – This will be used for a taste for this recipe.
- Seasoned salt –This will be used for a taste for this recipe.
- Seasoned Pepper -This will be used for a taste for this recipe.
- Olive Oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute or vice versa.
- Soy Sauce- This will add saltiness to your wings.
- Applesauce- You can buy premade or make your own homemade applesauce.
- Sugar- This will add sweetness to your wings.
- Brown sugar- This will add a rich flavor to your wings.
- Water- This will be added to your cornstarch.
- Garlic- You can mince your own garlic or buy from the store.
- Sesame oil- This will add a smokey, toasted flavor to your wings.
- Rice Wine Vinegar- This will add a sweet acidic flavor to the wings.
- Pear Juice- This will add sweetness to your wings.
- Lemon Juice- This will add a tangy flavor to your recipe.
- Apple Juice- This will add a slightly sour taste to your wings.
- Orange Juice- This will add a citrus flavor to your wings.
- Sweet Chili sauce- This will add a slightly spicier flavor to the wings.
- Garlic powder- This will add a wonderful aroma to your wings.
- Onion powder- This will add onion flavor without using dices onions.
- Ground Ginger- You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavor.
- Cornstarch- This will be used as a thickening agent for your sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
Ready to Cook
Can I Do This With Boneless Wings?
You can absolutely make these wings using boneless chicken. The spices and sauce will taste amazing and the wings can be just as crispy. It might however change the cooking time so you will want to make sure the wings are cooked through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Hush Puppies
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
AIR FRYER KOREAN BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 to 3 pounds Chicken wings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- Garlic salt - to taste
- Seasoned salt - to taste
- Seasoned Pepper - to taste
- Spray Olive Oil
FOR THE BBQ SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Applesauce
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Pear Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Sweet Chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- Start by making the sauce; In a large heavy saucepan, add the Soy sauce, Applesauce, Sugar, Brown sugar, Water, Minced Garlic, Sesame Oil, Rice wine Vinegar, Pear Juice, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, Sweet Chili Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, and stir all ingredients together until well blended. Bring to a boil, and turn heat to low. Allow sauce to simmer while you're preparing the Wings.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the egg, and milk, and whisk together until blended. In another large bowl, add the flour. Open the Chicken wings, and place on Parchment paper. Sprinkle with Garlic salt, Seasoned salt, and Seasoned pepper. Spray the bottom of the Air Fryer basket with Spray Olive Oil. Dip wings, one at a time, in the egg/milk mixture, and then roll in the flour, and repeat (dip again in egg/milk mixture - then roll in flour). After the second dip and roll in flour, place the wings in the Air Fryer basket. Spray the wings with the Spray Olive Oil, and set the temperature to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove Fryer basket, and turn wings, and spray lightly with Spray Olive oil. Cook in the Air Fryer for 10 more minutes, checking wings every 3 minutes, making sure they are not getting too browned. If they appear to be getting too brown, turn the temperature to 375, and continue to cook. Remove the wings from the basket to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, place the Corn starch, and add enough water to stir the corn starch until smooth. Add the Corn starch to the sauce, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly, and when the sauce boils and thickens, remove from heat. Stir sauce, and spoon over wings. Toss wings in sauce to coat. Place wings back in the air fryer for 1 minute. Remove wings to a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve with additional sauce on the side. Enjoy!