Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli is such a fantastic treat. Whether you are looking for a simple appetizer that is sure to be loved or a special dinner in that tastes like take out, this toasted ravioli recipe are a must try.
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
Toasted Ravioli is one of my favorite things to eat. It conjures up great memories of childhood at a wonderful Italian Restaurant, with a plate piled high, sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and the best meat sauce marinara in the world. Although the Restaurant is long gone, I can still enjoy this wonderful treat, right in my own kitchen, and the Air Fryer makes it light, and crunchy, and quick. I made my own marinara, and voila, it was so delicious. You are going to love this recipe, so keep it handy as it’s sure to be a favorite.
- Ravioli– While I like to use frozen ravioli, fresh can be used too.
- Milk- Milk helps to make the batter to hold the bread crumbs
- Egg –The egg gets combined with the milk for the coating
- Coarse ground garlic salt- This forms the seasoning in the bread crumbs.
- Seasoned Italian bread crumbs- The bread crumbs give the texture of fried ravioli
- Panko bread crumbs- Panko give the best crunch to the ravioli.
- Spray Olive Oil- This helps to crisp the bread crumbs in the air fryer.
- Tomato sauce- This is the base of the homemade marinara
- Seasoning- I like to use Italian seasoning, garlic salt, Black pepper, sweet basil, and ground Oregano
- Brown sugar- The brown sugar takes away the bitterness from the tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese and Parsley- These are used to top the ravioli
How to Make Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg and milk together.
- In another dish, combine the bread crumbs, Panko, and garlic salt together.
- Place the ravioli in the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs.
- Place the ravioli in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer.
- Spray the covered ravioli with olive oil spray and then cook them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip them and then cook for another 4 minutes.
- While the ravioli are cooking, make the marina sauce.
- Combine the tomato sauce, seasoning, and sugar together in a sauce pan.
- Stir it together until it starts to bubble.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- The sauce is done with it is thick and smooth.
- Dip the ravioli in the marina sauce.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Ravioli For This?
You can use fresh or frozen ravioli for this recipe. I like to use frozen simply because they can usually be bought cheaper than fresh ravioli. It is also easy to keep the ravioli on hand so that I can make these toasted ravioli any time.
What Dipping Sauces Should I Serve with Toasted Ravioli?
I like to make a homemade marinara when I am make these toasted ravioli. It is very simple to make and tastes amazing. If you do not want to make your own, you can also use a jar of store bought pasta sauce.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Easy Antipasto Skewers Appetizer
- Canned Tomato Salsa Recipe with Patriotic Appetizers!
- 7 Layer Dip Appetizer
- Instant Pot Hummus Recipe
- Air Fryer Taquitos
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- 1 16 ounce package of frozen Ravioli
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 egg – beaten in the milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Spray Olive Oil
- In a small shallow dish, place the milk, and egg.
- Beat the egg into the milk, and blend well.
- In another shallow dish, combine the Italian bread crumbs, and the Panko bread crumbs until well mixed.
- Add the teaspoon of garlic salt to the bread crumbs, and stir well to blend. Remove the frozen Ravioli from the freezer, and place two or three at a time in the milk/egg mixture, and then roll in the bread crumbs. (I took a spoon and tossed the bread crumbs onto the Ravioli's, and pressed it into them).
- Place the breaded Ravioli's in the Air Fryer, in a single layer, and lightly spray with the Spray Olive Oil.
- Set the temperature to 350, and the time to 9 minutes, and at about 5 minutes, turn the Ravioli's, and lightly spray with the Spray Olive Oil .
- Finish cooking the Ravioli's. While the Ravioli's are cooking, make the Marinara sauce. Place the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, sweet basil, oregano, and brown sugar in a heavy sauce pan.
- Stir all ingredients together, and cook over medium high heat until the sauce bubbles, or slightly boils. Turn down the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- When Ravioli is done, and sauce has simmered until it's thick and smooth, serve topped with Parmesan cheese, and finely chopped parsley, and Marinara sauce on the side. Enjoy!