Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli is such a fantastic treat. Whether you are looking for a simple appetizer that is sure to be loved or a special dinner in that tastes like take out, this toasted ravioli recipe are a must try.
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
Toasted Ravioli is one of my favorite things to eat. It conjures up great memories of childhood at a wonderful Italian Restaurant, with a plate piled high, sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and the best meat sauce marinara in the world. Although the Restaurant is long gone, I can still enjoy this wonderful treat, right in my own kitchen, and the Air Fryer makes it light, and crunchy, and quick. I made my own marinara, and voila, it was so delicious. You are going to love this recipe, so keep it handy as it’s sure to be a favorite.
- Ravioli– While I like to use frozen ravioli, fresh can be used too.
- Milk- Milk helps to make the batter to hold the bread crumbs
- Egg –The egg gets combined with the milk for the coating
- Coarse ground garlic salt- This forms the seasoning in the bread crumbs.
- Seasoned Italian bread crumbs- The bread crumbs give the texture of fried ravioli
- Panko bread crumbs- Panko give the best crunch to the ravioli.
- Spray Olive Oil- This helps to crisp the bread crumbs in the air fryer.
- Tomato sauce- This is the base of the homemade marinara
- Seasoning- I like to use Italian seasoning, garlic salt, Black pepper, sweet basil, and ground Oregano
- Brown sugar- The brown sugar takes away the bitterness from the tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese and Parsley- These are used to top the ravioli
How to Make Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli
In a shallow dish, beat the egg and milk together.
In another dish, combine the bread crumbs, Panko, and garlic salt together.
Place the ravioli in the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs.
Place the ravioli in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer.
Spray the covered ravioli with olive oil spray and then cook them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip them and then cook for another 4 minutes.
While the ravioli are cooking, make the marina sauce.
Combine the tomato sauce, seasoning, and sugar together in a sauce pan.
Stir it together until it starts to bubble.
Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
The sauce is done with it is thick and smooth.
Dip the ravioli in the marina sauce.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Ravioli For This?
You can use fresh or frozen ravioli for this recipe. I like to use frozen simply because they can usually be bought cheaper than fresh ravioli. It is also easy to keep the ravioli on hand so that I can make these toasted ravioli any time.
What Dipping Sauces Should I Serve with Toasted Ravioli?
I like to make a homemade marinara when I am make these toasted ravioli. It is very simple to make and tastes amazing. If you do not want to make your own, you can also use a jar of store bought pasta sauce.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Easy Antipasto Skewers Appetizer
- Canned Tomato Salsa Recipe with Patriotic Appetizers!
- New Year’s Layer Dip Appetizer
- Instant Pot Hummus Recipe
- Air Fryer Taquitos
Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli Recipe
- 1 16 ounce package of frozen Ravioli
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 egg - beaten in the milk
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 16 ounce can of Tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Oregano
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Parmesan cheese to top
- chopped Parsley to top
- In a small shallow dish, place the milk, and egg.
- Beat the egg into the milk, and blend well.
- In another shallow dish, combine the Italian bread crumbs, and the Panko bread crumbs until well mixed.
- Add the teaspoon of garlic salt to the bread crumbs, and stir well to blend. Remove the frozen Ravioli from the freezer, and place two or three at a time in the milk/egg mixture, and then roll in the bread crumbs. (I took a spoon and tossed the bread crumbs onto the Ravioli's, and pressed it into them).
- Place the breaded Ravioli's in the Air Fryer, in a single layer, and lightly spray with the Spray Olive Oil.
- Set the temperature to 350, and the time to 9 minutes, and at about 5 minutes, turn the Ravioli's, and lightly spray with the Spray Olive Oil .
- Finish cooking the Ravioli's. While the Ravioli's are cooking, make the Marinara sauce. Place the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, sweet basil, oregano, and brown sugar in a heavy sauce pan.
- Stir all ingredients together, and cook over medium high heat until the sauce bubbles, or slightly boils. Turn down the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- When Ravioli is done, and sauce has simmered until it's thick and smooth, serve topped with Parmesan cheese, and finely chopped parsley, and Marinara sauce on the side. Enjoy!