Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds are cooked and seasoned fresh pumpkin seeds in an air fryer for a quick and easy Fall snack in minutes.
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a must-have snack for the Fall season! They are simple to make and are an easy on-the-go treat. These seeds are seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, but you can season them to your liking. If you have leftover pumpkin seeds, this is a great recipe to use them all up!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pumpkin Seeds: I like to use pumpkin seeds from my already carved pumpkins, but if you want to try these, just go to your local grocery store and grab a pumpkin!
Seasonings: I prefer using garlic powder, salt, and pepper, but you can flavor them however you like!
How To Make Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
Step 1. Make sure to thoroughly wash your pumpkin before using a sharp knife to remove the top. Cut a circle around the stem and remove the pulp and seeds with a spoon. Pour water into a large bowl and add the pulp and seeds. Wash the seeds in the water while also removing as many seeds from the pulp as you can. Drain the seeds and rinse in cold water in a colander. Allow the pumpkin seeds to dry completely before starting.
Step 2. In a bowl, add the dried seeds and mix them with melted butter and the seasonings until completely coated. Put the seeds in the basket of the air fryer evenly and cook for 10-15 minutes at 360 degrees. Move the seeds around about halfway through by shaking the basket. Once the seeds are done, make sure they are crisp to your liking. If you want them cooked more, I recommend another 3-5 minutes. Allow them to cool and add more seasoning if you desire. Serve and enjoy!
What Other Seasonings Taste Good With Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds?
Pumpkin seeds are flavorful on their own, but some added seasonings just make them taste even better. Some other great options are Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Nutmeg and Cinnamon, or Cinnamon and Sugar
Tips & Tricks
- This is an extra step, but you can boil the pumpkin seeds to remove the pulp easier.
- Working in batches will make them cook evenly without overcrowding.
- The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your seeds.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Butter or olive oil
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- Clean the Pumpkin – Remove the top of the pumpkin using a sharp knife and by cutting a circle around the stem. Use a spoon to scrape the pulp and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin. Add the pulp and seeds into a bowl of water.
- Clean the Seeds – Separate the pulp from the seeds and use a colander to rinse the seeds with cold water.
- Start out by making sure that the pumpkin seeds are completely dry.
- Transfer the dried pumpkin seeds to a bowl. Add melted butter along with the seasoning. Mix well until all the seeds are completly coated.
- Spread the seeds in the fryer basket evenly. Cook at 360F for 10-15 minutes. Shake the basket to move the seeds around half way through for even roasting.
- After the seeds are done, check whether the seeds are crisp to your liking. If not, air fry them for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Let them cool, adjust the seasoning to your taste and enjoy the snack.