Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs are perfect for all of the mint chocolate chips lovers. These are full of chocolate, marshmallows and real Andes Mint chocolate.
I really hope you have joined us on the hot chocolate bomb bandwagon this year! It’s been so fun creating new looks and flavors.
Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs
My favorite flavor combo of all time is mint and chocolate. Because of that, Andes Mints are one of my favorite treats! I loved adding them into this hot chocolate bomb.
Is it just me or was the first time you remember having an Andes Mint at an Olive Garden? As a kid, getting those at the end of the meal was the best part!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Melting Chocolate. You can use either almond bark or chocolate chips.
- Andes Mint chocolates. We will crush a few and keep a few whole.
- Hot Cocoa mix. Pick your favorite.
- Mini marshmallows. No hot cocoa is complete without marshmallows.
- White Chocolate. Melted to drizzle on top.
- Green food coloring. Choose a green color as close as you can get to mint green to color the white chocolate.
- Silicone molds. To form the chocolate balls.
How To Make Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Form the ball. Melt the chocolate and spread it inside the silicone molds. Place them in the fridge for about 15 minutes to harden.
- Fill. When the chocolate mold is ready, pop them out and fill them up with your cocoa, marshmallows and some crushed Andes Mints.
- Seal. Seal the top of the bomb to the bottom by heating the halves on a warm skillet and pressing it to the other half.
- Decorate. Melt white chocolate and dye it mint green. Drizzle the chocolate over the cocoa bomb and add pieces of an Andes Mint.
- Drink. Put the chocolate bomb in a mug and pour hot milk over it. Watch it burst open and stir until it all dissolves. Then, drink!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Cookies and Cream Hot Cocoa
- Red Velvet Hot Cocoa
- Rum Chata Hot Cocoa Bombs
Andes Mint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 12 Ounces Melting Chocolate Chips or Almond Bark
- 2 packets of Hot Cocoa Mix about 1 heaping teaspoon in each Cocoa bomb
- 1 cup of Mini Marshmallows about 5 to each Cocoa Bomb
- 1 pkg Andes Mint Chocolates
- 1 set of Silicone Molds
- Melted White Chocolate to drizzle on top
- Mint Green Food Coloring Gel
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt until smooth and creamy.
- Stir well, and spoon or ladle into the molds, making sure to coat the inside of the molds.
- Pour excess chocolate back into the bowl, and place the molds in the refrigerator to let harden for 15 minutes. Remove molds from refrigerator, and carefully remove chocolate from molds, placing 6 half balls in a row on a cookie sheet.
- These will be the bottom parts, or half of the Cocoa bombs.
- Heat a non stick skillet on low and place one half ball with the open side down, melting just the edges for a few seconds.
- Remove, place on a cookie sheet, and fill the ball with the powdered cocoa, crumbled Andes Mint, and mini marshmallows.
- Repeat, until all 6 Balls are done.
- Place the other half of the Chocolate balls in the skillet, with the open side down, and melt just the edges of the ball.
- Remove from the skillet and immediately place on one of the chocolate balls, filled with the cocoa making the top of the ball/bomb.
- Hold in place a few seconds to make sure the top and bottom are melted together.
- When all the Cocoa Bombs have been filled, and melted together, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate is completely set.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and sit the cookie sheet on the counter.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 15 second intervals until the chocolate melts. Add the Mint Green Food Coloring Gel and stir well.
- Place the melted chocolate in a pastry bag and pipe the white chocolate over the Cocoa Bombs and sprinkle with Crumbled Andes Mints and one mint on the top.
- Place one Hot Cocoa Bomb in the bottom of a large mug, and pour heated milk over the top.
- Cocoa Bomb will melt and bubble, and marshmallows will float to the top.
- Stir the powdered cocoa, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.