Baileys Fudge Mint Cookies
Baileys Fudge Mint Cookies are so delicious. Baileys is perfect in this cookie. The smooth richness of the Irish whiskey paired with the sweetness of the cocoa and sugar cane and the velvety taste of the Irish cream make it a mouthwatering companion to the Andes mint.
A few of my favorite scrumptious desserts include Baileys Irish Cream. For instance, look at this Baileys Cheesecake Cake. It features rich layers of chocolate cake, creamy cheesecake, and Baileys Irish Cream Ganache. Not enough for ya? Well then, how about these Baileys Irish Cream coffee cookies? I challenge you to go pick up a bottle of Baileys right away and spend a day making goodies that will have your friends telling everyone that you’re their favorite baker.
Baileys Fudge Mint Cookies
So not for nothing, but I’ve been spelling Baileys as Bailey’s. I know. Who cares? Well, I do. I’ve been writing their brand name wrong for … well … forever. I’ll do better in this post. (Probably, but don’t kill me if I forget.)
As long as I’m coming clean, I should tell you that I have an addiction to Andes Mints. It’s so bad that I’m lucky there are ever any of them left over for baking. I am not above spooning those chips right in my mouth. What about you?
Basically, this recipe sends me to the kitchen with Baileys and Andes. Please understand it’s nothing short of miraculous that I come out with anything other than a smile on my face.
Quick Recipe Tips
Light brown sugar is different than dark, so be sure you do use light. Otherwise, there will be an overwhelming taste of molasses in the cookie.
Let your butter sit on the counter until it’s soft. Don’t melt it in the microwave! It’ll be too runny. You can actually leave real butter out for a day or two, so don’t worry that it’ll go bad if you put it out in the morning and come back to it later.
When it’s time to insert the Ganache in the cookies, a flavor injector is a must. If you don’t have one, get one! They’re cheap and you’ll use them over and over again. You’ll push the injector carefully in the side of the cookie and push in the Ganache until you see the top of the cookie begin to crack. That’s when you’ll stop pushing or you’ll ruin the cookie. You can for sure still eat it, but it’ll be with a spoon. (Which is still a win!)
Bailey's Fudge Mint Cookies
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1/2 C light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C milk and mint chocolate chips
- 3/4 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Andes mint chips
Bailey's chocolate ganache
- 1 heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C Bailey's Irish Cream
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 flavor injector
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, and vanilla
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in 1/4 C mint chocolate chips, 1/2 white chocolate chips, 1/4 C Andes mint chips
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough into hands and roll into a ball
- Combine the remaining mint chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, Andes chips
- Roll cookie dough into the mixture and place onto the cookie sheet
- Lightly press down onto the cookies into a thick disk
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Bake in the oven 1 tray at a time for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe glass bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is simmering, pour into the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Whisk in the Bailey's
- Using the flavor injector, place the needle into the bowl and pull the knob up on the injector to pull up some chocolate ganache
- Poke the side of the cookie and inject ganache into the cookie until the top cracks
- Repeat step on all cookies