Baked S’mores are a great way to make this yummy treat without leaving the kitchen. If you love s’mores but don’t want the work of making a fire and roasting marshmallows, this is perfect.
Every time we head out for our annual camping trip the first thing my kids request is s’mores. It’s so much fun to find a stick, shove it into a marshmallow and put it over a fire. However, sometimes Mama just wants to make the s’mores without all that work.
These s’mores are going to use the exact same three ingredients as your usual recipe: graham crackers, big marshmallows and Hershey’s chocolate bars.
This recipe is awesome because you don’t have to sacrifice the roasted flavor of the marshmallows here just because you aren’t making them over a fire. They are still toasted to perfection right in the oven! The key here is to broil it on high heat.
How To Make S’mores In The Oven
All you have to do, is heat your oven on broil all the way to 525. While it’s heating up, lay our your graham crackers on a baking sheet and top with two large marshmallows.
Put them in the oven for a minute or two – it doesn’t take long!
As soon as they come out, you’ll add your chocolate and your second graham cracker.
You would never know these didn’t just come right off of a campfire. How fun?!
Want to keep up the fun S’mores theme? Next go try our S’more Poke Cake!
- 4 full size Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 32 graham cracker squares divided
- 32 full size marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to broil (525F degrees).
- Unwrap the chocolate bars and divide each into 4 pieces to make a total of 16 pieces of chocolate; set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. Arrange 16 of the graham cracker squares in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Top each graham cracker with 2 marshmallows.
- Toast the marshmallows for 1-3 minutes in the oven set to broil (525F degrees until golden brown on top. Use the middle oven rack, not the top rack close to the broiler.
- (Important: Do not walk away from the oven while the marshmallows are toasting. They can burn very fast! Keep a close eye on the marshmallows as they toast.)
- Remove the s’mores from the oven. Turn off the oven.
- Place one square of chocolate on top of each s’more, then return the s’mores to the hot oven for 30 seconds to melt the chocolate.
- Remove the s’mores from the oven and top each with the remaining 16 graham cracker squares.
- Serve warm. Makes 16 servings
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.