This easy Banana Fudge recipe features all the flavors of a classic banana split, with pineapple tidbits and cherries mixed right in. Top with sprinkles and hot fudge for a decadent banana candy everyone will love.
Easy Banana Fudge Recipe
This banana fudge recipe is insanely good. It’s simple to prepare, with no complicated techniques or tools. You won’t even need a candy thermometer for this banana candy!
While you can make this as a simple banana candy with no add-ins, I like to take it a step further and turn it into banana split fudge. To do this, I added classic banana split ingredients like maraschino cherries, pineapple, sprinkles, and hot fudge.
Just like our no bake banana split cake, it’s become a family favorite when we’re craving the flavors of a banana split without actually having ice cream.
Why You’ll Love This Banana Candy
Here are a few reasons to love this banana candy.
- Quick and easy. It takes just a few minutes to prepare this banana fudge, with no special tools or techniques required.
- Made with simple ingredients. This banana candy is made primarily with pantry staples, plus a few extras like banana pudding.
- All the flavor of a banana split. With a banana pudding base, cherries and pineapple in the fudge, and toppings like fudge and sprinkles, this banana candy tastes just like a bite of banana split.
What You’ll Need
Here is everything you’ll need to make this yummy banana fudge. Check down below the complete recipe card with amounts and full recipe instructions.
- Butter – Softened but not melted completely.
- Sugar – Sweetens the fudge.
- Vanilla – Helps add extra flavor.
- Flour – Creates the base of the fudge.
- Salt – Helps to balance the sweetness.
- White chocolate almond bark – Almond bark is made for melting, so it melts smoothly in the microwave.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Helps create the perfect fudge texture and sweetness.
- Pineapple – Pineapple tidbits are tiny pieces of pineapple that mix easily into the fudge.
- Pudding – Banana pudding mix helps to infuse banana flavor throughout the fudge.
- Maraschino cherries – Maraschino cherries are mixed into the fudge to give this banana candy some of the banana split flavor.
- Hot fudge and sprinkles – Optional toppings to turn these into banana split pudding.
Does Banana Fudge Have Bananas In It?
Banana fudge doesn’t actually have bananas in it. The banana flavor comes from pudding, banana flavor. Bananas would break down in the fudge and give it an unpleasant flavor and texture.
How To Make Banana Fudge
Here’s how to make this easy banana candy recipe at home.
- Beat the butter and sugar. Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Heat the flour. Microwave the flour until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add to the mixing bowl with the salt and mix until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate. Melt the white chocolate in 10-second intervals until smooth. Add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Combine the ingredients. Mix the white chocolate with the other ingredients. Sprinkle in the pudding, followed by the pineapple and cherries.
- Transfer to the pan. Pour the fudge into a square pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Add the toppings. Drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkles.
- Chill. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until the fudge is firm and set.
- Enjoy. Cut into squares, top with cherries on each individual piece, and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips for making this banana fudge recipe.
- Why do I need to heat the flour? Flour should never be consumed raw, due to the risk of harmful bacteria. Since this recipe isn’t cooked, you need to heat treat the flour, just like you do in making edible cookie dough. Since only a small amount is needed, you can easily do it in the microwave.
- Heat the chocolate carefully. Be sure to stir the chocolate between every interval and only heat until melted and smooth, to prevent it from burning.
- Allow plenty of time to chill. This fudge needs to chill for at least 2 hours but more is best. If you can make this a day in advance, go ahead and do so.
- Feel free to omit the toppings. Want to make plain banana fudge without the banana split toppings? Just omit the cherries, pineapple, hot fudge, and sprinkles.
How to Store Banana Fudge
- Fridge. Store banana fudge in the fridge in an airtight container. It will last for up to 5 days with the banana split toppings. Plain banana fudge can be stored for up to 2 weeks. I recommend parchment paper between layers to prevent them from sticking.
- Freezer. You can also freeze this banana candy for up to 3 months. Allow it to set completely, slice, and store in a freezer-safe container with parchment paper between layers.
More Fudge Recipes
Banana Split Fudge
- 1 stick of butter – softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate almond bark
- 1 can Eagle-brand sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 package Jello banana flavored pudding
- 14 maraschino cherries
- hot fudge – to drizzle on top
- colored sprinkles – for the top
- First: Spray a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Place the Flour in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave the Flour until it’s hot, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt to the mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 10 second intervals, stirring between, until melted.
- Add the Eagle-brand milk to the melted white chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Add the white chocolate mixture to the mixing bowl, and mix on low until completely blended.
- Sprinkle the contents of the pudding in the bowl, and mix into the fudge mixture.
- Add the pineapple and cherries, and mix.
- Pour the fudge into the square pan, and press evenly into the pan with a spatula, or the back of a large spoon.
- Top with drizzled hot fudge, and add sprinkles on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or longer if needed, until the fudge is firm, and set.
- Cut fudge into 1 to 2 inch squares, add cherries on top of individual pieces, and place on a plate or platter to serve. Enjoy.