It’s always a party in my house with this delicious Bean Dip. It’s the perfect appetizer and mixture of flavors. This easy dip recipe is made with refried beans, salsa, sour cream, spices, and cheese!
Cheesy Bean Dip
This dip is super creamy, cheesy, and seasoned with cumin and chili powder. I love making this recipe when I have people over because it is always a hit. It is perfect for keeping your guests at bay until dinner or just to have a nice snack when you need a bite to eat. You can make it as it is or turn up the heat by using mild or hot salsa.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Refried Beans: You will need traditional canned beans of any kind.
- Salsa: You can use regular, mild, or hot depending on what you like.
- Sour cream: This will make the consistency super creamy as well as add flavor.
- Seasonings: I like to use cumin and chili powder for extra flavor and use salt to bring them out.
- Cheese: I like to use Colby jack or Cheddar cheese.
- Tortilla Chips: I prefer serving this recipe with tortilla chips and some chopped cilantro and jalapenos on top.
How To Make Bean Dip
Step 1. Set the oven to 375 degrees. Add the beans, salsa, sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, and 1/4 cup of cheese into a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 2. Pour into a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese. Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted, hot, and bubbly. Serve and enjoy with tortilla chips.
Variations For Bean Dip:
You can switch up this recipe to your liking by using a few suggestions below:
- Use mild or hot salsa for a kick or add in some smoked paprika.
- Use cheddar, Colby jack, mozzarella, or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Feel free to add whole beans to the recipe like pinto beans or black beans. You can also use black refried beans too,
Tips & Tricks
- I like to use freshly grated cheese, but bagged works just as well.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, bread, crackers, etc.
- Place the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, cook in the microwave until fully heated.
More Dip Recipes:
Bean Dip Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine beans, salsa, sour cream, cumin, chili powder, salt, and 1/4 cup of cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dip is hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.