One of the most delectable dessert recipes to enjoy is Cobbler. And, this Berry Cobbler Recipe is a masterpiece of flavor and texture. With the variety of berries topped with a delicious crumble, you have a great recipe to make for any occasion or to make for yourself or your family.
Berry Cobbler Recipe
This Berry Cobbler is a very simple and easy recipe that is just so good! This recipe includes a blend of blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries for a sweet and tart variety of fruit. The berries are topped with a crumble that is very quick to make and then, placed in the oven for just 30 minutes to bake to perfection. This Cobbler recipe is so amazing that I recommend trying out other cobbler recipes like this Magic Lemon Cobbler or this Best Ever Pumpkin Cobbler.
- Berries- You will need blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries.
- Cornstarch- This will be added to the berries.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the ingredients to rise.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to the recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
How Do You Make a Berry Cobbler From Scratch
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Use pam to grease a 9×6 inch baking dish.
Add the berries into a large bowl and add some lemon juice on top.
Mix and toss the berries to coat and combine.
Pour in the cornstarch and toss again to coat.
Let the berries rest for about 20 minutes to marinate.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into another large bowl and set aside.
Place the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until fully combined.
Combine the dry ingredients and mix carefully until it forms crumbles.
Put the mixture of berries into the prepared baking dish.
Place the crumbled dough evenly over the berries, then place it into the oven.
Bake the recipe for 30 minutes until a golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and Enjoy!
What Makes this a Cobbler?
A cobbler dessert is a very simple dessert. What makes the dessert a cobbler is the flavoring of fruit or berries as the base of the recipe. Then, this recipe is topped with a delicious dough crumble to add texture.
Does This Cobbler Have a Bottom Crust?
The cobbler does not have a bottom crust. The berries are mixed with lemon juice and cornstarch and placed in the baking dish. The top crumble is all that could be considered a crust.
More Cobbler Recipes:
- 3-ingredient Easy Apple Cobbler
- Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe (7-ingredients)
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
Berry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Blackberries
- 1 ½ cups Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- ¾ tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9”x 6” baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl add the berries.
- Drizzle the berries with lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the cornstarch to the berries and toss to combine.
- Allow the berries to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set to the side.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well-blended.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles little crumbs.
- Pour the berries into the baking dish.
- Drop the dough evenly on top of the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.