If you have never tried Rocky Mountain Cookies, you are missing out. These delicious oatmeal cookies are amazing. Soft, chewy, chocolately and filled with crispy cereal – perfection!
Best Ever Rocky Mountain Cookies
I love cookies that remind me of kitchen sink cookies. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. These cookies are filled with oats, crispy cereal, and chocolate chips. These cookies have a bit of everything and the combination is absolutely delicious.
- Granulated sugar- You can’t make great tasting cookies without sugar.
- Light brown sugar- Brown sugar adds flavor and helps to keep the cookies moist.
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter so that you can control the salt in the recipe.
- Eggs- The eggs do not need to be room temperature when making these cookies.
- Vanilla- Always use real vanilla. It gives the best flavor.
- All-purpose flour- Use all-purpose flour but self-rising flour works too.
- Baking soda- Baking soda is a must in cookies.
- Salt- Salt helps to bring out the flavor in baked goods.
- Baking powder- If you are using self rising flour, you do not need baking powder.
- Old-fashioned oats- You want to make sure that you are using old fashion oats and not quick oats.
- Crisp rice cereal- This is cereal like Rice Krispies
- Chocolate chips- You can use semi sweet or milk chocolate chips.
How to Make Rocky Mountain Cookies
In a medium bowl, mix together both of the sugar and the butter until it is creamed together and looks light and fluffy.
Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
Next, fold in the oats, cereal, and chocolate chips.
Add the cookie dough the greased cookie sheet by the tablespoonful.
Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes until they are golden but are still soft.
Can I Use Quick Oats?
When you are making these Rocky Mountain Cookies, you want to use old fashion oats. You want to avoid using quick cooking oats. They will cook to fast in the cookies and it will not give the desired effects.
Rocky Mountain cookies should be stored at room temperature and will last for about 2 weeks. You want to make sure the cookies are stored in an airtight container.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes You Will Love
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Fudge Flourless Cookies
White Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Best Ever Rocky Mountain Cookies
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 C butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 2 C old-fashioned oats
- 2 C crisp rice cereal like Rice Krispies
- 2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix. Fold in oats, cereal and chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto lightly greased or lined (with parchment or silicone liner) baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown but still soft.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.