Looking for a quick and flavor-packed side dish? Make this BLT Pasta Salad recipe! Crisp bacon, Romain lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, onions, avocado, and pasta tossed with a creamy ranch dressing–this salad has it all!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
Pasta salad is a great side dish with grilled chicken, hamburgers, pulled pork and more. This BLT Pasta Salad Recipe is so hearty, it could almost be a meal itself! For sure the leftovers are a fantastic lunch the next day.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the BLT Pasta Salad Recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Rotini pasta
- Red onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing dry mix
- Sour cream
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
It’s best to start by mixing up the dressing so it can chill and the flavors meld together. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch dressing packet. Cover the bowl and chill the dressing in the refrigerator while you move on to the next steps.
Next, combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a large mixing bowl. I used the largest bowl I have because this recipe does make a lot of salad and you need room to toss it all together.
Pour the prepared dressing over the salad.
Toss well to combine and distribute the dressing all through the salad.
Shredded Cheese – If you don’t have a block of cheddar on hand, you can use a cup of shredded cheddar instead.
Take Away an Ingredient – For the actual salad itself, it’s easy to leave out any ingredient you don’t want to use.
Pre-Made Dressing – The homemade dressing is nice and thick and perfect for the pasta salad, but you can certainly use a pre-made ranch dressing.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Black Eyed Susan Drink
- Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 ounce box rotini pasta cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water
- 1 pound bacon cooked until crisp then crumbled
- 1/2 red onion peeled and diced
- 8 ounce block of cheddar cheese diced
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce finely chopped
- 1-2 avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Cover and refrigerate while you move on to the next steps.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salad.
- Add the dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.