This Marinated Vegetable Salad with Homemade Italian Dressing makes eating healthy a breeze. With a salad this delicious, you will be craving this crunchy tangy salad. With homemade Italian dressing, you are in complete control of what ingredients are in the recipe and you know that your salad is as healthy as possible.
If you love soup and salad together, you will love this Italian Wedding Soup.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
Detox salad is a salad that is designed to be a healthy meal idea. It is designed to reduce free radicals and to fill your body with healthy nutrition. Oftentimes, people eat these amazing salads but they ruin it when they load it up with salad dressings that are full of unhealthy ingredients. With this recipe, you are getting a delicious salad that is topped with homemade Italian Dressing. Since you are making the dressing from scratch, you know exactly what is in it, and you get to avoid the preservatives.
Can I Use Different Vegetables in My Crunch Salad?
When making a detox salad, these are the vegetables I enjoy, and are something that everyone in my house will like, but you can use any healthy vegetables you like. You can swap or add whatever you like to the recipe.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green onion
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Homemade Italian Dressing
Starting with a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add in all of the dressing ingredients.
Shake well until it is well blended and emulsified
How to Make Vegetable Salad
In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, green onion, olives, and carrots.
Add the dressing over the vegetables and toss to make sure everything is coated well.
Cover the bowl and marinate the salad in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Occasionally, give the salad a toss to make sure everything stays coated well.
Toss with bacon just before serving and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups broccoli roughly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup pitted olives sliced
- ¼ cup carrot diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, green onion, olives, and carrot.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss so that all the vegetables are coated.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Toss with bacon just before serving.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
*The salad can be made the day before and left to marinate in the fridge overnight.
* Add seeds or chopped nuts for additional crunch.