Learn how to make your own oatmeal chocolate chip bars! My kids adore these and they make a great snack. I love making my own bars right at home because then I know exactly what is in them!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are a delicious treat that you can make in just minutes. Chewy, chocolate and oat deliciousness in every single bite! This recipe is super simple to make and a fun treat for after school, bake sale, or special event.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- baking soda
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- ground cinnamon
- brown sugar
- milk chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- 1 9×13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper
How To Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
Make the cookie dough as directed.
We like to use different types of chocolate in these bars, depending on what I have on hand. We prefer a mixture of half milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. You can also use semi sweet or even cut up chocolate bars. You can also use old-fashioned oats or quick oats. Include raisins, craisins or nuts if you would like. This recipe is very forgiving. Whatever you have will taste amazing!
Bake until slightly golden and set. Allow to cool completely before serving for on the go.
These are also so good straight out of the over when they are all warm and gooey. To achieve this ooey-gooey bar texture, bake for a few minutes less than the recipe suggests. Top with some vanilla ice cream and you have created an amazing bar that everyone will love!
Tips and Tricks:
- Make sure your butter is room temperature.
- To measure the flour, scoop the flour into the measuring cup and level it off. This will help you avoid over measuring the flour.
- Use room temperature eggs. To make this happen quickly, put the eggs in luke warm water for a few minutes.
- To Store. Store leftover bars in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To Freeze. You can also wrap them tightly and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Delicious Cookie Bar Recipes You Will Love:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bars
Watch How These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Are Made:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Using a large mixing bowl combine the 2 C flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix with a whisk until combined
- Mix in the 2 1/2 cups oats and add them to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off stick a butter knife or toothpick into the center and see if the cookie bar is still doughy
- Bake for a few minutes longer if need to
- Allow them to cool completely and then cut into bars
Love These Oatmeal Bars? PIN IT!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars”
These were amazing! My family absolutely loved them. By far the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have had! These will be a new staple in my house, I am looking forward to making them again this weekend!!
I didn’t have white or milk chocolate chips, instead I just put in 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and they turned out perfect!