This Boozy Gingerbread Milkshake is the perfect drink to get you in the holiday spirit! It’s creamy and delicious, with a little bit of a boozy kick. Plus, it’s infused with all the flavors of gingerbread, so it tastes just like those yummy holiday cookies. This would be great for a party or get-together with friends. Just make sure to keep this one in your favorites list!
Boozy Gingerbread Milkshake
Who doesn’t love a delicious gingerbread milkshake during the holidays? This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy the taste of gingerbread with a kick. It’s also great for parties or gatherings with friends.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and it tastes amazing. You won’t be able to resist taking a sip of this boozy gingerbread shake. You’ll make it again and again.
Key Ingredients You Need for This Recipe
- Vanilla Vodka- I love the vanilla vodka because of the strong vanilla flavor but you can use another flavor if you prefer, or you can use plain vodka. Whipped vodka would be a good choice if you can’t find the vanilla.
- Monin Gingerbread Flavored Syrup- This adds the punch of gingerbread you want in this milkshake.
- Vanilla Ice Cream- I like using vanilla because it doesn’t compete with the flavors or the gingerbread but you can also use a gingerbread ice cream or another flavor you like.
- White Chocolate Almond Bark – The almond bark is used to decorate the rims of the glasses. It holds the cookie crumbs in place.
- Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread Men Cookies- If you can not find these cookies, you can use other small gingerbread cookies.
How To Make A Gingerbread Milkshake
Melt the almond bark in a microwave safe dish. While that is melting, crush the cookies and place them in a shallow dish. Dip the milkshake glass in the chocolate and then into the cookie crumbs to rim the glass. Place it in the freezer.
In a large pitcher make the milkshake. Stir until thick and well blended. Remove the glass from the freezer and pour the milkshake into it, filling the glass.
Add whipped cream on top and add cookie crumbs. Serve and enjoy.
What if I can’t Find Gingerbread Syrup?
If you can’t find gingerbread syrup, you can substitute it with something else. To get that gingerbread flavor you can use gingerbread extract. Another idea is to use gingerbread ice cream instead of vanilla. Lastly, if you can’t find either of them, you can add gingerbread spices. You would add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves.
What Other Alcohol Can I Use
If you don’t want to use rum, you can substitute it with bourbon, whiskey, or even brandy. Just make sure to use a good quality alcohol so that the taste is not affected.
More Boozy Milkshakes
Boozy Gingerbread Milkshake
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Vodka
- 1 Tablespoon Monin Gingerbread Flavored Syrup
- 2 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 squares White Chocolate Almond Bark melted
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread Men Cookies
- 2 Crushed Gingerbread Men Cookies – to rim the Glass
- Redi-Whip Whipped Cream – to top
- Maraschino Cherries – to top – Optional
- In a medium shallow dish, melt the White Chocolate Almond Bark in the Microwave for 30 seconds, stopping half way to stir. (Depending on your microwave, time may vary, just continue until the chocolate is completely melted). Crush the Cookies, and place the crumbs in a shallow dish. Dip the Milkshake Glass in the melted Chocolate, and immediately in the Cookie Crumbs, to rim the Glass. Place the Glass in the freezer to set the Chocolate.
- In a large pitcher, place the Milk, Vanilla Vodka, Gingerbread Syrup, and Ice Cream, and stir with a Wooden Spoon until well mixed, and thick. Remove the Glass from the freezer, and pour the Milkshake into the Glass, filling the Glass. Add a generous amount of the Whipped Cream on top of the Milkshake, and sprinkle with Cookie Crumbs. If desired, place a Maraschino Cherry on top. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.